All reviews are from people who have redeemed deals with this merchant.
· April 16, 2018
· April 2, 2018
· August 31, 2017
What You'll Get
Jump to: Reviews | Do the Benny Driscoll!
Unlock the expressive power of your omphalos and release your inner genie with today's Groupon: $20 gets you three basic belly-dance classes and a waived registration fee at Hip Expressions Belly Dance Studio, a $60 value.
In your three belly-dance basics classes, you'll learn the key isolations of belly dance. These classes provide the foundation of all styles of belly dancing and is designed for absolute beginners to any and all dance, such as the rock-music-banning preacher of a small town or a recently defrosted cavefellow. You'll also get the chance to play the finger cymbals, known as zills, synchronizing your hands and your dancing, and developing your sense of musicality as you quickly master the art of the seductive shimmy.
Belly dance is a fun and enriching way to shed pounds, gain flexibility, and build co-ordination, and is also a great excuse to bedazzle your wardrobe. Learning to isolate and control every element of your torso works core muscles, strengthening your abdomen and improving your posture. You'll shake and roll the kinks out of your lower back, reducing stress and freeing up the full range of your sexy wiggle. You may also find yourself falling in love with this sensuous art form and continuing beyond your Groupon lessons to master the intricacies of the dance.
Owners Karen Sun Ray Coletti and Johanna "Xenobia" Krynytzky founded Hip Expressions to create a community of dedicated dancers and preserve the art of belly dance. Be sure to wear comfortable clothing to class for maximum range of motion. Tell your girlfriends, gardeners, and geographers about this deal, and get your Groupon.
Note: You must go to all classes within a month of your first class.
There are few online reviews of Hip Expressions, but several dancers have raved over its classes. Check out these testimonials from the Hip Expressions website:
- Thanks to you. I am working on readjusting my posture and will be able to continue dancing. Pain free. Thank you sooooo very much. I am grateful for all you have created in the school and bringing this wonderful art form of expression to many women. – Deana Terry
- Thank you again for all of your help! When I started belly dancing last year, I thought of it as a fun exercise class. Because of you I want to be a great dancer and work hard at improving and performing for many years to come. – Christina
- I must admit that when I first started beledi classes i was mostly in it to become fit and graceful, but learning the art of Middle Eastern dance has become so much more to me and I definitely see myself as a lifetime student. – Evelyn Anderson
Do the Benny Driscoll!
Belly dancing is an ancient art with unique, and often sensuous, movements. Not so for Benny Dancing, the brief ’90s dance craze invented by bulk linoleum sales associate and frequent sporting-event attendee Benny Driscoll. The steps are as follows:
- Clap your hands! Stomp your feet!
- Put school on hold for a while to take care of some things!
- Now get your head into a better place, man. Life is about the journey, not the destination. Check out Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance from library.
- Pay library fees. Buy motorcycle.
- Use new motorcycle to impress Shelly at Tastee-Stick.
- Sell motorcycle to help Shelly pay for her mom’s foot-doctor trip.
- Now clap your hands! (repeat)
Follow @Groupon_Says on Twitter.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Apr 23, 2010. Amount paid never expires. 1 per person, multiple as gifts. Not valid with other offers. All 3 classes must be used within 30 days from date of 1st class. Registration fee included. Non-transferable. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About Hip Expressions Belly Dance Studio
Having seen an upswing in interest in one of the world’s oldest dance styles, Johanna and Karen started a belly-dancing collective in 2004 as a way to create a community for both professionals and students and an audience for monthly showcases. They gave these enthusiasts a brick-and-mortar hangout in 2008 when they opened their first center for classes and events, which has since blossomed and moved into a new space nearly four times the size of the old studio.
Today, Hip Expressions offers drop-in and ongoing classes led by seasoned instructors. Classes focus on introducing newcomers to the art form’s fundamental isolation techniques that keep hips and waists from arguing over the remote. In addition to belly dancing, classes include a variety of other dances and fitness crazes such as Non-Impact Aerobics dance, Cardio Samba, Burlesque, Hula & Tahitian, Jazz