Before the advent of modern shipping, Pony Express horses ruined most perishable packages by eating mail-ordered food and absconding with mail-order brides. Dine on supply-chain perfection with today’s Groupon: for $249, you get a holiday meat package from Iowa Steak Company (a $496 total value after taxes and fees). Delivery is valid within a 40-mile radius of Oklahoma City. Click here for a list of included delivery areas. The package includes the following:
- Four 14-ounce bone-and-beef strip loin steaks (an $84.50 value)
- Nine 5-ounce boneless bacon-wrapped fillets (a $79.50 value)
- Six 8-ounce boneless beef rib eye steaks (a $79.50 value)
- Six 5.3-ounce boneless beef top-sirloin steaks (an $83.50 value)
- Eight 6-ounce boneless beef fillets (a $73.50 value)
- 18 1/3-pound homestyle pure chop beef steaks (a $55.50 value)<p>
Iowa Steak Company nestles top-choice steak, seafood, chicken, and pork inside succulent variety packs shipped in reusable polystyrene containers. Frozen marbled slabs of choice beef arrive on customers’ doorsteps in time for the holidays, preserved from freezer burn with a vacuum seal, packed in dry ice, and boxed in solid air. Each shipment of USDA-inspected, hand-trimmed cuts sports a healthy profile, with 30%–40% less fat and bone than traditional butcher cuts. Shipments chaperone each cut with preparation instructions to prevent overcooking or using an overcooked steak to remedy a black eye.