Future artists hone their existing skills or learn new ones during hands-on, judgement-free art classes
About This Deal
Valid at Syosset location.
- During classes, children learn the basics of art and drawing, which later can be developed during more advanced programs. The classes are:
- Petite Picasso: Introductory class for the youngest students. During one-hour instruction, children learn the basics, using materials like colored pencils and oil pastels.
- Monet Matisse: Class designed for those, who have completed the introductory course. The main focus is on developing already existing skills, as well as learning new techniques.
- Cartooning: The class combines hands-on training with the love for cartoon characters.
- Digital: Course incorporates the elements of digital design. Participants learn the basics of Photoshop™, Clip Studio™, and Premier™ which later allows them to create their own digital projects.
- What’s included: all materials (for example colored pencils, watercolor paint, oil pastels, acrylic, ink, etc.)
- Petite Picasso, Monet Matisse, and Cartooning classes last 60 minutes.
- Digital Art Class last 90 minutes.
- View the calendar.
About iSchool of Music and Art
Ken Benshish and Yi Qian started iSchool of Music and Art in 2005 to provide a positive, supportive learning atmosphere to bring art and music alive in each student. Students aged 3 and older who can’t tell a drumstick from a plectrum and don’t even know the street value of a quarter note can learn piano, drums, guitar, or voice skills from scratch. Students can also discover their inner Picasso with age-appropriate art lessons and accompanying art history. Teachers incorporate various mediums ranging from watercolor and oil pastels to acrylics and graphite.