Art is in the eye of the beholder, whereas swollen retinas are in the eye of the bee holder. Get soul-stung by provocative and powerful art with today's Groupon. For $25, you get a one-year family membership to the Jordan Schnitzer Museum of Art (a $55 value), located on Johnson Lane. The family membership includes two adult membership cards, which allow access to the museum for the adults and all children under the age of 18 accompanied by an adult.
The Jordan Schnitzer Museum of Art (JSMA), the University of Oregon's premier art museum, tunes uninspired brain waves to fine-art frequencies with its extensive collection of Chinese, Japanese, Korean, and American art. With more than 13,000 objects in its permanent collection, the JSMA allows museum visitors to delve deeply into past and present cultures from around the world. Museum members can sink sight buds into traveling exhibitions, such as Giuseppe Vasi's Rome: Lasting Impressions from the Age of the Grand Tour, which focuses on the 18th century Italian printmaker and his prophetic paintings of R&B group Boys II Men. Members can also partake in one of JSMA's educational programs. In addition to the free admission, museum members get the following benefits:
- Invitations to opening receptions of major exhibitions
- Invitation to Members' Season Preview Party
- Subscription to JSMA member newsletter (published tri-annually)
- Advance notice about lectures, films, workshops, and more
- Eligibility to join museum volunteer groups
- Discounts on workshops and classes
- 10% off at Precious Cargo: The Museum Store
- 10% off at Marché Museum Café
1430 Johnson Ln.
Eugene, Oregon 97403Get Directions