Always seeking the advantage, the world's most intelligent golfers know when to play for keeps, when to play for practice, and when to play nice with the course's resident marmosets. Golf smartly with today's Groupon to Juniata Golf Course in Juniata. Choose between the following options:
- For $72, you get 18 holes of golf for four players, including two rental carts (up to a $130 value).
- For $19, you get 18 holes of golf for one player, including one rental cart (up to a $38 value).
Juniata Golf Course's gently rolling greens are the product of course designer Ed Ault, a landscaping mad scientist known for designing dozens of distinguished courses throughout the country. The course features lush, well-manicured natural terrain and strategically placed obstacles that add up to the 18-hole expectation of a modest par 66. The Frankford Creek wraps around the course like a snake made out of creek water and meanders through six separate holes, presenting its own brand of venomous watery challenges.
Because the course is open year-round, golfers remain free to curse and praise the fairly short 18-holer any month of the year. Golfers can fly the course solo with a cart of their own or get two carts and invite three friends with questionable golfing skills.
Juniata Golf Course has been featured in Golf Digest:
- Municipal golf is alive and well in America, as evidenced by the state of my home muny, Juniata Golf Course in Philadelphia. It has never been in better shape, with greens the equal of some private clubs, real flagsticks, grass tees and par for the course up to 66. – Jerry Tarde
Juniata Golf Club
Open year-round, the course at Juniata Golf Club sprawls over 106 naturally hilly acres and challenges players with tricky lies and imposing hazards that complicate its relatively short length. Frankford Creek winds into play on six holes of the Edmund B. Ault design, ensnaring worm burners in a reedy morass. The par-4 sixth hole exemplifies the difficulty of the course as a whole, measuring just 360 yards in length but forcing shots to climb entirely uphill from tee to shallow green like a marathon-running pack mule.
Course at a Glance:
- 18-hole, par-66 course
- Total length of 5,275 yards from the back tees
- Course rating of 64.8 from the back tees
- Course slope of 109 from the back tees
- Three sets of tees per hole
Juniata Park/ Feltonville
1391 E. Cayuga St.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19124Get Directions