Watery eyes and uncontrollable rocking can only mean one of two things: a choking hazard or contagious laughter. Experience the more pleasant option with today's Groupon: for $7, you get one ticket to live movie dubbing comedy by the L.A. Connection Comedy Theatre. Choose from improv performances at two locations:
- Thursday shows at Laemmle's Royal Theatre begin at 10 p.m.
- Night of the Living Dead on November 11 and December 9
- Reefer Madness on January 13 and February 10
- Sherlock Holmes: The Woman in Green on March 10 and April 14
- Saturday shows at the L.A. Connection Theatre begin at 7 p.m.
- Night of the Living Dead on November 13 and December 11
- Reefer Madness on January 8 and February 12
- Sherlock Holmes: The Woman in Green on March 12 and April 9
The live performers at L.A. Connection Comedy Theatre have humored audiences with their on-the-spot movie-dubbing, live music, sound effects and stand-up since 1977. Named Best Improv Comedy Group on the MyFoxLa and CityVoter Best of LA HOTLIST in 2007, 2008, and 2009, the troupe's hilarity is fit for audience members of all ages. Now-famous alumni of the L.A. Connection Comedy Theatre include Will Ferrell, Matthew Perry, Shannon Elizabeth, Chris Kattan, Hank Azaria, and Sharon Lawrence.
With this Groupon, watch L.A. Connection improvise on top of three classic films: Night of the Living Dead, Sherlock Homes: The Woman in Green, and Reefer Madness.
L.A. Connection Comedy Theatre
L.A. Connection Comedy Theatre has been mining the comedy mountain for charismatic, off-the-cuff performers since 1977, unearthing the improvisational talents of notable alumni such as Will Ferrell, Matthew Perry, Josh Groban, and Jon Lovitz. During their roughly one-hour shows, a diverse lineup of improv troupes harvest random ideas and obscure associations from the audience to mold offbeat, semilogical sketches.
A cast of instructors also host improv classes for amateur and experienced performers, schooling protégés in the tricks of the trade and exercising their spontaneity, timing, and ability to think of why a hockey goalie would be on a safari. After completing their course, the best student performers may earn the honor of being asked to join one of LAC's regular teams.