Those who don’t learn proper cooking techniques are doomed to a life of licking pages from fancy food magazines. Cause a stir with this Groupon.
$225 for a One-Week Cooking Camp ($399 Value)
Choose between the following camps:
- Kids’ camp for ages 8–12
- Teens’ camp for ages 13–18<p>
The immersive one-week camps for kids and teens include:
- Lessons on fundamentals of cooking and fostering healthy eating habits.
- Time in kitchen, learning how to follow recipes and pick nutritious ingredients
- Field trips to local farms and markets to pick out ingredients and learn about them
- Culminates in Friday dinner that students prepare for parents
- Can contribute photographs and recipes to e-cookbook; each student will receive a copy<p>
Camps run from 9 a.m.–5 p.m. Monday–Friday; see the schedule.<p>
Ma Belle France
Though chef Ghislaine Mahler has lived in New York City, Santa Fe, San Francisco, and Connecticut, she will never lose her French accent. A native Parisian, Chef Mahler moved to the States to share the culture, history, and authentic recipes of France with her students at Ma Belle France. During her classes, she walks students through the steps of crafting delicious menu items such as pork tenderloin with reblochon cheese, plum-and-banana tart, and crepes flambé with caramelized apples. She also uses Ma Belle France as an online resource for Francophiles and those interested in French culture, including helpful books. Chef Mahler also leads foreign culinary excursions to France, which dive into the unique culinary scenes of Paris, Normandy, Dordogne, and other regions.