Helping actors to develop and apply their skills and training for more professional, creative, and successful auditions.
About This Deal
Working with actors to develop their professionalism, audition technique, and craft for more successful auditions and performances.
Must be 18 or older.
- These services are available for “remote” learning to anyone with access to the internet and a device with a microphone and camera. Please check device requirements to run Zoom prior to purchase. Private Coaching is available on multiple video-chatting and meeting platforms, including Zoom and Skype. Open to actors of all levels from novice to experienced professional.
- Lectures on Auditioning and Self-taped Auditions – topics include: using professional tools, improving technical aspects of self-taped auditions, and avoiding costly mistakes.
- Audition Technique Workshops – Work on stronger, more professional and creative auditions and performances. Actors with the Full Participation option will prepare a mock audition piece for review and critique. They will then have the apply adjustments and perform again for the group.
- Private Coaching is available for actors preparing for a specific audition or role or for actors who need more concentrated work on their craft. Private sessions are tailored to each actor’s specific needs and they should participate in the planning of their session. More information available on the website.
- These lectures and workshops are for educational and professional development purposes only and will not secure nor provide an opportunity for employment and/or representation. The goal is to help each actor develop their professional skills, improve and perfect their audition technique, and strengthen their performance so they will be more successful in future auditions and in their careers.
About A Chat with Alison McBryde Casting
What services does your business offer and what makes your business stand out from the competition? Lectures, Workshops, and Coaching focussing on all aspects of the audition process, career development and the creative and professional goals of the actor.
Do you provide any materials? What should your students expect to bring? Actors should have a notebook and pens for note-taking. For Workshops and Private Coaching, sides will be provided though actors are encouraged to bring their own sides as well, especially if they are preparing for an audition or role.
What was the inspiration to start or run this business? I want to see actors do their best at each audition. As the self-taped audition has become a more common method of auditioning, I have noticed that actors are often making technical and creative decisions that can hurt them in the casting process. In casting sessions I see talented actors who, because of weak choices, nervous habits, lack of direction, etc., do not get the callback or role. There is rarely time to work thoroughly with actors in auditions, so I began teaching and coaching.
What do you love most about your job? I’ve been a Casting Director for over 20 years and love my job when, during a session, an actor creates a character so true and compelling that I forget, even briefly, I am in an office. I know in that moment that this actor has the potential to transport an audience to the world of the script when they are on stage or screen.
About the Instructor: Alison McBryde has been teaching and coaching for over 15 years. Her current and past students have had leads and featured roles in numerous movies including "Lee Daniel's The Butler," "Silver Linings Playbook," "Steve Jobs," "The Lovely Bones," and "Miami Vice." They have appeared as series regulars, recurring and guest-starring roles in television series, which include: "Blue Bloods," "Turn: Washington's Spies," "Gotham," "Grey's Anatomy," "The Blacklist," and "Law & Order: SVU." She has over 20 years of experience in casting; you may view her film and television credits on IMBD.