All reviews are from people who have redeemed deals with this merchant.
What You'll Get
Due to an error in our daily email subject, Groupon wants to clarify that today's still-quite-relaxing deal is for two one-hour massages, and not unlimited.
If one massage is better than none, then two massages must be better than none. For $70, today’s Groupon gets you two one-hour massages at MetaTouch, the therapeutic wellness center that specializes in making pain disappear. Whether you're suffering from a sore back, achy knees, insufferable migraines, sports injuries, Milky Way fingers, or just want to relax, this deal will soothe and heal you as often as you need for a month.
The therapists at MetaTouch have been trained in rehabilitated medical and oriental medicine under the exacting eye of owner Holden Zalma, who has 15 years of experience in massage therapy and extensive training in myo-fascial release and Oriental medicine. Place your aching back or migraine headaches in the staff's capable hands and ease your pains. Your treatment begins with a 10-minute assessment to determine what areas need targeting and what combination of techniques will work best to alleviate your issue.
MetaTouch is located in Culver City near Sony Pictures Studio, and takes clients six days a week. Grab two of this deal and give a friend the best gift they've received all year unless they've received an authentic lock of Christopher Meloni's hair.
Chill Out LA hails the healing touch at MetaTouch:
- Holden Zalma, founder of Metatouch Custom Therapeutic Massage, is a godsend to anyone suffering from chronic pain...By the end of our session, we were relaxed, refreshed and delighted with the loose, open feeling that Holden had imparted to our muscles and joints with his magic hands. – Chill Out LA
The user reviews on Citysearch are few but glowing:
- This is not just a run of the mill deep tissue massage. The premises are vey clean, people friendly, and the results speak for themselves. – fillsywillsy
- For the past six years, I have been seeking a solution to vertigo that happened whenever I warmed up in any sport...Holden and his therapists with their custom therapeutic massage techniques, was able to completely cure me with two sessions… - Sister920
Classic Children’s Books to Help You Sleep Like a Baby
Massages have numerous benefits, including the ability to help you sleep better. To help you sleep like a baby, try rereading one of these classic children’s books:
- The Anthropomorphic Thing that Learns a Lesson
- Incurious Serge Leaves The Carnival Early
- Mommy, What’s a European Voltage Convertor?
- The Ugly Mermaid
- The Fantastic Adventures of Frank, The Boy Who Sat Quietly When Asked
Follow @Groupon_Says on Twitter.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Jan 20, 2010. Amount paid never expires. Limit 1 per person. May buy multiple as gifts. Valid only for staff therapists. May use both massages, or share the other with a friend. Not valid for acupuncture or treatment by Holden. 24-hour cancellation policy. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About MetaTouch Therapeutic Massage and Wellness Center
Holden Zalma knows the toll that exertion can take on muscles. Before he received his massage license, he helped to train USC's football, basketball, and swimming teams while he studied to be a massage therapist. After graduation, Holden founded MetaTouch Therapeutic Massage and Wellness Center, where he shares his burgeoning 20 years of massage-therapy experience with others. His philosophy is simple: alleviate pain and treat injuries by scouting out symptoms, hunting down their root causes, and treating the body as a whole by ignoring its unsightly seams. He and his staff of trained practitioners accomplish this task by blending techniques—such as massage, stretching, and exercise—to relieve pain, improve performance, and reduce the risk of future injuries.