Kids should learn to dance at an early age, before they have to put on the business shoes that prevent them from ever dancing again. Let them get footloose while they’re still fancy-free with this Groupon.
$129 for 10 Weekly Youth Dance Classes ($260 Value)
Beginning the week of April 1, kids aged 3–12 are welcome to enroll in a 10-week class session that runs through the week of June 15. The following classes are available, and each is capped at 15 students:
- Preschool ballet (ages 3–4), Mondays from 4 p.m. to 5 p.m.
- Pre-primary ballet (ages 5–6), Mondays from 5 p.m. to 6 p.m.
- Beginning jazz (ages 7–12), Mondays from 6 p.m. to 7 p.m.
- Beginning hip-hop (ages 7–8), Tuesdays from 4 p.m. to 5 p.m.
- Beginning hip-hop (ages 9–12), Tuesdays from 5 p.m. to 6 p.m.
- Beginning boys’ breakdancing and hip-hop (ages 7–12), Tuesdays from 6 p.m. to 7 p.m. <p>
Metropolitan School of The Arts
The Metropolitan School of the Arts - formerly the Metropolitan Fine Arts Center - was founded more than 14 years ago. This multidisciplinary performing-arts organization takes a holistic approach to teaching and encouraging performance-arts skills, creating performance opportunities in dance, music, and theater for a diverse population of students of all ages and abilities. Its students have gone to perform on Broadway, at The Juilliard School, and in highly esteemed companies, such as the Mark Morris Dance Company, The Washington Ballet, and Ford's Theater and Signature Theater. Youth programs include year-round programs in dance, theater, music, music-theater, and acting, as well as a performing-arts program in the summer, all for children as young as 2. Adult classes range from basic to advanced, including ballet, jazz, and tap lessons, plus yoga and ballet-barre fitness workouts.