All reviews are from people who have redeemed deals with this merchant.
What You'll Get
Scottish Lord or Lady of Chaol Ghleann Decorative Title
- Lord or Lady of Chaol Ghleann title with souvenir folder
- Ownership of one square foot of pasture on the grounds of Dunans Castle
- Deed of entitlement, signed and sealed by present Laird
- Includes downloadable pdf with deeds of entitlement
- Free tours to all Lords and Ladies of the grounds and building
- Access to woodland garden and rivers for fishing on the ancient estate
- Titles help towards restoring the historic Highlands castle
- Deeds of entitlement posted, signed, and presented in presentation folder
- Subscription to the Lords and Ladies Monthly Newsletter
- Rights to use and wear the Dunans Rising Tartan
- All Standard Package components
- Lord or Lady of Dunans Castle title with premium-quality souvenir folder
- Deed of entitlement, signed and wax-sealed by the present Laird
- Personalized email address with an @lairdofdunanscastle.com and/or @ladyofdunanscastle.com domain
- Online access to stationary templates for letters, business cards, and compliment slips
- Presented in a red presentation box with silver foil insignia
- Ownership of one square foot on the ground floor of the castle
- Double-size personalized deed of entitlement with large wax seal
- Ground-floor plan of the castle with owned square foot marked by the current Laird
- One tartan item such as a tie, scarf, or teddy, subject to availability
- Copy of The Conservation Plan for Dunans book, signed by the Laird
- Gold ID and discount card
- Personal letter from the Laird
- A personal tour of the project from the Laird
- 50% discount on first night’s stay at Dunans Castle after restorations are complete
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires 90 days after purchase. Amount paid never expires. Limit 1 per order. Valid online only. Procurement and Production charge of $11 is additional. Every purchase of a decorative title helps with the restoration of historic Dunans Castle, its bridge and grounds in Argyll, Scotland, and each Lord and Lady becomes part of an international community of interest and can visit the project whenever they like. Limit 5 per person, may buy 5 additional as gift(s). Valid only for option purchased. Not valid with other offers or promotions. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About Dunans Castle
The Dunans Castle's name first appeared on maps in 1590. Originally owned by Clan Lamont, this Scots Baronial castle was purchased by the Fletcher family in the early 18th century and was sustained by the family until 1997 when it was sold by the heirs of Colonel Archibald Fletcher—one of the proposed inspirations for Ian Fleming's James Bond. The castle served as a hotel until 2001 when a fire scorched all but the pre-Victorian west wing.
Today, the estate is run by Dunans Castle Limited as they work to restore the castle. The bridge, built in 1815 by Thomas Telford to commemorate the battle of Waterloo, still stands along with the fully-restored north wing, referred to as the Dunan's House. The area around the castle is lush with green hills and woods and a river for fishing. The grounds are reportedly home to three ghosts: a grey lady on the staircase; a spirit forever crossing the bridge who was, perhaps, one of the bridge's builders; and a figure on the grounds which some have claimed bears a resemblance to Colonel Archibald Fletcher.