What You'll Get
|_Jump to: Reviews||Wine 101_|
Today’s Groupon is a delicious treat for all the wine-lovers out there who want to love wine even more. And for those who’ve always been slightly embarrassed about their lack of wine scholarship, this is your express ticket to impress. Located in the heart of Tribeca, New York Vintners’s wine enthusiasts sell an extensive collection of wines from all over the world. Vintners’s stock is constantly changing as its wine librarians keep the classics while exploring new varieties of wines. And luckily for us, these super-knowledgeable wine specialists share their expertise of the world’s fermented juices in a number of uniquely charming (and incredibly fun) classes.
This Groupon lets you take one of the following two-hour specialty wine courses. Which one you choose is up to you—buy four Groupons and take one of each:
- Sake and Cheese: Taste five different sakes (ranging from cloudy to sweet to vintage) paired with five delicious artisanal cheeses.
- Pasta Making and Italian Wines: Enjoy an afternoon with six different Italian wines while learning how to make several favorite Italian pasta dishes.
- Pinot Noir from Around the World: One grape—all over the world. Compare Pinot Noir from California, Oregon, France, Italy, and New Zealand. See the qualities of one grape in different regions all over the world and discuss classical Pinot Noir food pairings.
- Wine 101: Perfect for wine-lovers looking to become connoisseurs. Get basic knowledge about wines from around the world, including the importance of a “sense of place.” Learn buying tips for retail shopping and how to navigate complicated restaurant wine lists like a pro.
Knowing how to select, pair, appreciate wine and maintain a steady, controlled wine-buzz makes life richer. Grab a friend and head to New York Vintners to drink with the people who know wine best. After two hours of tasty lessons, you may find yourself just as obsessed.
Yelpers give New York Vintners’s classes five stars. Here’s why they love them: > * it was the most interactive and fun cooking class i’ve been to! definitely don’t expect to tamper into really technical details but come to enjoy listening to chris joke and inform. – Chi N. > * had so much fun learning about pasta and of course WINE TASTING!!! Never was my wine glass empty and I saved my ass from heading to “Wine Jail” as they called it! – Renee C.
New York Vintners’ Wine 101 course teaches inexperienced wine drinkers everything they need to know to begin enjoying and discovering wine. You’ll learn that:
* Wine is a liquid made from fermented grapes that can be measured by volume, which is fixed by its temperature and pressure.
* Wine bottles did not receive their distinctive shape to conform to the shape of wine, as many novices assume. Instead, wine consists of molecules spaced far enough apart from each other that its shape must conform to the shape of its containers.
* If wine is at rest in a uniform gravitational field, the pressure P at any point is given by P = PGZ where:
P = the density of the liquid (assumed constant)
G = gravity
Z = the depth of the point below the surface.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Jul 30, 2010. Amount paid never expires. Must email ahead to reserve space Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About New York Vintners
As a leading wine educator in Manhattan, New York Vintners helps budding wine enthusiasts define and expand their personal wine tastes and cooking techniques at their high-end wine shop. During basic to advanced classes and wine-themed events, a team of six certified sommeliers and authorized enophiles elaborate on each wine's nuances from the angles of producer, region, and varietal. Smartly matched pairings and hands-on cooking instruction from Executive Chef Ryan Smith unpack the flavors even further. The staff keep a strong focus on terroir—the effect that environment has on a wine's flavor—as they select high-quality biodynamic and boutique wines for the shop's impressive, ever-changing list.