|_Jump to: Reviews||Popular Positions_|
Whether you’re a yoga vet or just yoga-curious, today’s Groupon for five classes at Prana Mandir Yoga Studio for only $35 helps you improve flexibility and reduce stress. Choose among four classes at the center—Kundalini, Vinyasa, Meditation, and Intro to Yoga—each taught by one of Prana Mandir’s experienced instructors. Founder and creative director Lea Kraemer has taught yoga for more than a decade and her studio has been featured by NY Wellness Examiner and Time Out New York.
Strengthen rarely used muscles, tendons, ligaments, and joints by mixing and matching classes in this five-class deal. Highly advanced students can try their hand at levitation, astral time travel, and animal telepathy, while beginners can start with the intro and later shift to more specific methods. Here’s more info about each class:
- Kundalini: Breathing, posture sound, and meditation techniques increase strength, flexibility, and endurance.
- Meditation: Promote healing and increase consciousness as A skilled instructor guides you into deep states of meditation.
- Vinyasa: Concentrate on breath, balance, flexibility, and alignment as you move from pose to pose, relieving muscle tension and cleansing your system.
- Beginning Yoga: Learn the basics of yoga in a more intimate setting at a slower pace. Master the fundamentals in order to reap greater yoga benefits.
Check out Prana Mandir’s full schedule online. Classes are 90 minutes, unless otherwise indicated.
User reviews for Prana Mandir are scarce, but one person gives the yoga sanctuary high marks: > * Lea is a skillful instructor… Her verbal guides and hands on approach will improve your poses and overall yoga practice. She emits a gregarious, spirited and positive energy – Kerry L., Yelp
A guest columnist on the NYC Wellness Examiner also shares his experience: > * if you enjoy a small and personalized yoga experience perhaps Prana Mandir Yoga Studio can set you free. Personally I am looking forward to deepening my knowledge of Kundalini and the various forms of yoga that exist. – The Little Yogini, NY Wellness Examiner
Did you know yoga in its current incarnation has been around since the 1960s? Here are some of the many popular yoga positions developed since that time:
- Downward Facing Dad
- Cloud of Inescapable Bees
- Yoga Flame (Down, Forward, Punch)
- Baby’s Day Out