What You'll Get
Choose Between Two Options
- C$39 for a sushi-making class with wine and sake tasting on Tuesday, December 29, 2015 at 5pm (C$80 value)
- C$39 for a sushi-making class with wine and sake tasting on Thursday, January 28, 2016 at 5pm (C$80 value)
Students will eat their self-made sushi along with servings of Samurai’s miso soup and green-tea ice cream. A take-home kit includes recipes and tools.
Sushi-making class includes:
- Miso Soup to start
- Japanese Green tea ice cream for dessert
- Self-made sushi to try
- Sushi-making training session with the sushi chefs
- Sushi-making kit with recipes and goodies to take home
- Brief educational overview of sake and wine pairings with sushi
Attendees will have the opportunity to win prizes throughout the class.
The Fine Print
Expiration varies. Amount paid never expires. Limit 4 per person, may buy 4 additional as gifts. Limit 1 per visit. Valid only for option purchased. Reservation required; subject to availability. Must be 19 or older. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About Samurai Japanese Restaurant
In 1935, the Delta Bessborough hotel welcomed its first guest, one Horace Stovin. About 50 years later, after several renovations and amenity updates, the Delta Bessborough welcomed Samurai Japanese Restaurant.
Chefs at the popular eatery entertain patrons while plying them with meat, seafood, and vegetables cooked in the dining room on hot teppanyaki grills. They simultaneously juggle spatulas and chat with guests as the flat top before them sears scallops and new york strip steaks.
Over at the sushi bar, chefs fold fresh fish into barbecue scallop rolls and classic Dragon rolls. They teach their skills to curious students during sushi-making classes, which include a segment on sake and wine pairings and a few minutes for discussing everyone's hopes and dreams.