Confirm that sneaking suspicion that your left leg is shorter than your right, or work out weary muscles, with today's Groupon to Shin Wellness. For just $45, you get to choose between a first-time chiropractic evaluation (a $175 value) and a relaxing massage (a $95 value) from the caring practitioners at Shin Wellness.
If you have chronic neck or back pain, a chiropractic evaluation can diagnose your problem and help you understand how your body's alignment can cause you discomfort. Your chiropractic physician, Wendy Gallego, will consider your medical history, give you a physical exam, and, if necessary, take X-rays (included in cost) to determine the cause of your pain and recommend a course for treatment. (This Groupon does not include treatment.) Stand tall and impress your cowering co-workers with perfect, pain-free posture or fight back against the lordosis that ruined your career as a high-wire ballerina.
Choose massage to stimulate your circulation, relieve sore muscles, and reduce stress while practicing your impression of a drowsy kitten purring atop a gently vibrating washing machine. Massage therapists Valentina Hoyos and Melody Gedeon will listen to your individual needs and work with your body to aid proper healing, function, and relief.
- The wonderful zen design of the office makes easing into my treatments seamless. The chirorpacter [sic] is very easy going, gentle and I feel like she really hears me when I explain the problem areas I have. I also love getting massages there. – lwdepena, Merchant Circle
- ...ask for Dr. Jay Hudson. He is great and will get you spine re-aligned perfectly. – jakemillermiami, Yahoo! Local
- If you have a knot that needs kneading, I highly recommend a visit to Shin. It's clean, peaceful and very professional. – Ginger H., Yelp
New Uses for Old X-Ray Machines
If you’re not a doctor, a veterinarian, or a massage therapist, but own an old X-ray machine, don’t let it collect dust in your attic. Here are just a handful of the millions of practical uses for old s-ray machines:
- Use it as an ultra-powerful camera flash.
- Run for mayor on an “I Own an X-Ray Machine” platform.
- Increase the number of cats in your house.
- De-escalate your office prank-war by bombarding your coworker’s lunch with hilarious radiation.
- Begin dressing it in people clothes and bring it as a guest to your brother’s wedding.
As an 11-year-old girl, Doctor of Chiropractic Wendy Gallego was diagnosed with scoliosis. The painful curvature in her spine immediately began to interfere with her life, forcing her to drop out of gymnastics and wear a back brace. After years of chronic discomfort, a college friend suggested that she visit a chiropractor, and she finally began to find relief from her symptoms. More importantly, she was inspired by her chiropractor's whole-body approach to wellness, which emphasized nutrition and lifestyle as well as treatment. This drove her to become a chiropractor herself while formulating the philosophy that "people should not be perceived as separately functioning parts, but rather as a complex structure of interdependent systems." By founding Shin Wellness, she sought to create a holistic health care center that addressed physical as well as mental health.
Embracing Western and Eastern treatment modalities, Dr. Gallego looks for instructors and therapists with more than technical proficiency and a photographic recollection of the periodic table. She claims that "there's a quality that comes with being a healer," and she looks for that passion in all her prospective employees, whether they will be performing massages, conducting hypnotherapy sessions, or leading Pilates classes.
4500 Biscayne Blvd
Miami, Florida 33137Get Directions