Golf with friends is the best kind of bonding. There's nothing like being out in the open air, hearing the wind blow through the beautiful old trees lining the well-groomed fairways, and refusing to grant your compadres mulligans. The satisfaction of a well-played hole is amplified by the sadistic enjoyment you get from your partner's three-shot spectacle in the woodsy rough. Today's Groupon gets you one round of golf with a GPS-equipped cart at South Riding Golf Club for just $44. Though $44 will normally get you a weekday round after 4 p.m., today's deal lets you play whenever you want, including peak morning and weekend tee times, which can cost as much as $91.
Located in the rolling hills of South Riding, Virginia, South Riding Golf Club's 18-hole, championship-caliber course was created by renowned designer Dan Maples and is the only Maples course in northern Virginia. SR's former general manager intended the course to engage the community, so Maples designed the 18 holes to wind through open spaces, between wetlands, and around existing buildings. Enjoy the blissful peace of the thoughtful course, and take advantage of South Riding's modern clubhouse, fully stocked Pro Shop, and practice facilities.
If you're someone who fears getting lost on a golf course for several weeks with only a small jar of homemade peanut butter and a copy of Rodney Dangerfield's autobiography, fear no more. South Riding's golf carts come equipped with ParView color GPS systems. Grab your directionally challenged golf buddies, and enjoy driving a golf cart that can easily be tracked by government agencies over the perfectly maintained holes at South Riding.
South Riding has been praised in several industry publications. Reviewers on GolfLink give South Riding three stars:
- The course continues to get better and better as the new Supe works his 'magic'. Multiple tees to choose from for all skill levels, and is quite challenging from the tips. Tee boxes need some work, but overall the course is in great shape. Greens are big and very few of your putts will be flat! – dnutz77
- Course was in great shape and staff was friendly...One of the best sets of Par 3's of any course, they are very fun to play – rnewton
- Kudos to new greens keeper. Rough around greens filling in nicely, adding to challenge. Fairways in good shape, except for the divot holes. – FCronkhite
Golf Terms You Need to Know
Golf can be a lot of fun, but it can also be intimidating to beginning linksters. Here’s Groupon’s guide to the golf terms you’ll need to know before you hit the course:
- Fairway: The area of the course that is covered in horseflies
- Hole-in-One: When only one swing convinces your father to admit his mistakes
- Eagle: A bird commonly eaten on golf courses
- Birdie: A guitar solo played underwater
Follow @Groupon_Says on Twitter.
South Riding Golf Club
Sculpted into the rolling hills of Northern Virginia and designed by prolific course architect Dan Maples, South Riding Golf Club’s course plots a challenging path through mature timbers and glassy waters. A fleet of golf carts helps players navigate the 7,148-yard chain of fairways by giving them the distance to upcoming hazards, greens, and blitzing linebackers emerging from the rough. Streams and ponds ripple throughout the course, including on the par-3 14th hole, where golfers are faced with a forced carry over a pond situated between tee and green. The club’s grass-tee driving range, short-game area, practice bunker, and putting green allow players to nurture their relationship with their putter, wedges, irons, woods, or modified soup ladles. When not conquering the course, duffers can take advantage of South Riding's modern clubhouse, fully stocked pro shop, and staff of golf instructors.
Course at a Glance:
- Designed by Dan Maples
- 18-hole, par-72 course
- Length of 7,148 yards from the farthest tees
- Course rating of 74.8 from the farthest tees
- Slope rating of 140 from the farthest tees
- Five tee options (including blended tee layout)
- Renovated bunkers
43237 Golf View Dr
Chantilly, Virginia 20152Get Directions