Good, honest food is good for the body, the soul, the wise-cracking leprechaun in your head, and your relationship with all the people you'll be feeding this Thanksgiving. Today’s Groupon makes getting this food a piece of organic cake: $50 worth of organic grub for $25 at Spud!, an online grocer that delivers all-natural delectables straight to your door, including Thanksgiving turkeys and Thanksgiving peanut butter.
Spud! carefully researches every veggie, fruit, grain, and multi-grain to ensure that everything it sells on its deep online shelves is certified organic. Spud! has everything you need to stock your fridge and pantry, from snacks and baking supplies to pasta and dairy products. Serve some vegetarian-fed, free-range meats this holiday season, or gather a reserve of prepared meals for an eco-conscious take on the office lunch. You can also customize your own fresh Harvest Box healthy produce for the entire family and have it delivered in a reusable bin to keep it crisp ($35).
Since expanding from only selling spuds, Spud! has become the largest organic food-delivery company in North America. Its dedication to eco-friendly products and services includes a company recycling program, contributions to sustainable community initiatives, and reusable containers. You can do your part by shopping with your mouse instead of your car to reduce carbon emissions, traffic congestion, and driver's knee. Plus, you get free delivery on orders more than $35. Get your Groupon to make this year's holiday dinners easier and more organicky.
Spud! received a wonderful write-up from Left Coast Mama, who says:
- if you are someone who is making an effort to eat more local organic food I would really recommend Spud. I would also recommend them if you are someone who wants a reliable local delivery of groceries. – Gwen
Yelpers give it five stars:
Grocery Store Tricks
Spud! lets you avoid the grocery store, causing some stores to feel the pinch of the increased competition. Here are a few new marketing strategies these stores have resorted to:
- Expensive cereals placed on shelves at eye level while a man screams at you to purchase them
- Meat counter scales rebalanced to reflect "moon weight"
- 2 for 1 coupons replaced with "IOU One Back Rub" coupons
- Most peanut brittle cans actually filled with coiled faux-snakes
Follow @Groupon_Says on Twitter.