Dining out spares people from using up the last of their paper plates or incinerating the last of their paper ovens. Reduce your disposable-cookware footprint with today's Groupon to Strada in New Haven. Choose from the following options:
- For $30, you get a three-course dinner for two (up to a $63 total value). The three courses include:
- One appetizer (up to a $12 value)
- Two entrees (up to a $22 value each)
- One dessert (up to a $7 value)
- For $55, you get a three-course dinner for four (up to a $126 total value). The three courses include:
- Two appetizers (up to a $12 value each)
- Four entrees (up to a $22 value each)
- Two desserts (up to a $7 value each)
- For $70, you get a three-course dinner for six (up to a $189 total value). The three courses include:
- Three appetizers (up to a $12 value each)
- Six entrees (up to a $22 value each)
- Three desserts (up to a $7 value each)
Strada's chefs imbue contemporary American fare with Mediterranean influences and inventive takes on classic cuisine. Groups can pore over the menu before they share memories of the first clam they ever wrestled over the eatery's signature seafood-ceviche appetizer, an amalgam of citrus-marinated white fish, shrimp, and calamari. A flurry of almonds settles upon pumpkin ravioli and sage swimming in a brown butter sauce, and the 8-ounce cedar-plank salmon fillet marinates in orange juice, tarragon, and ginger before settling atop its eponymous slice of wood. Unlike a snowman on vacation, panko-crusted chicken camps out in the oven, accompanied by house-made tomato sauce and buffalo mozzarella. After polishing off the chef's favorite vanilla flan with caramel sauce, diners can imbibe one of more than 50 martinis or peruse Strada's extensive wine list for a diverse smorgasbord of varietals. Metallic silver wall hangings coast along the eatery's exposed-brick wall, which lies across from a high-backed large booth as pristinely white as a spooked picket fence.
200 Crown St.
New Haven, Connecticut 06511