One-hour sunrise and sunset flights rise to 1,000 feet, capturing pastoral vistas and ending with champagne toasts
About This Deal
- Licensed pilots guide passengers through the air for about one hour, departing either a half-hour before sunrise or 2.5 hours before sunset.
- Full experience lasts up to four hours, including time for check-in, travel to the launch location, a safety briefing, setup and packing, and return to the meeting location.
- Customers may add flying partners by purchasing additional vouchers.
Must be 10 or older.
- About the pilot: a licensed balloon pilot
Availability for flights starts in May 2021.
This offer is valid for flights through the 2021 flying season (May to October) and makes for a great holiday, birthday or anniversary gift. In the event of poor flying conditions, the flight can be rescheduled for future fair-weather mornings or evenings.
- Redemption locations listed below are tentative and can vary based on weather conditions and seasonality, final meeting location will be confirmed when calling Flight Status phone number prior to flight. See Sundance Balloons website for all meeting locations and directions.
- Edmonton – Buena Vista Park, 13210 Buena Vista Rd NW, Edmonton, AB T5R 5R2
- Kitchener - Waterloo Rod & Gun Club, 1075 Bo De Ln, St. Jacobs, ON N0B 2N0
- London – Northland Mall, 1275 Highbury, London, ON N5Y 4V1 or Husky Truck Stop, 3391 Westchester Bourne, Belmont, ON N0L 1B0
- Ottawa – Carleton University, 1125 Colonel By Dr, Ottawa, ON K1S 5B6
- Toronto – flight location is in Kitchener – Waterloo Rod & Gun Club, 1075 Bo De Ln, St Jacobs, N0B 2N0
- Winnipeg – Whittier Park, 836 Rue Saint Joseph, Winnipeg, MB R2Y 0H8
- Saskatoon - Kinsmen Park, 950 Spanida Cres. E, Saskatoon, SK S7K 3H5
Sundance Balloons’ COVID-19 Precautions
- All staff members wear masks when social distancing is not possible.
- Clear vinyl curtains are installed in the basket to help keep the appropriate distance from other passengers on group flights.
- All passengers have to pass a health screening.
- Complimentary face masks are offered.
- Equipment is sanitized before and after each flight and hand sanitizer is available.
- Note that province and local guidelines are changing regularly. Please check Sundance Balloons’ website or contact them for their latest guidelines.
About Sundance Balloons
Sundance Balloons' vibrant hot-air balloons float adventurous passengers over scenic landscapes. Each one-hour journey commences as sojourners greet their flight crew at a pre-determined location, receive a briefing on what to expect during the excursion, and observe their balloon as it swells to more than 10 stories in height.
The woven gondolas glide 1,000 feet above the ground but can sometimes gently skim treetops or cornfields when wandering over the countryside. Since balloons drift with prevailing winds, there is no wind chill and travellers feel only a slight sensation of movement. As is tradition for ballooning, explorers of the appropriate age end their flight with a champagne toast to tranquility, beauty, and neighbourhoods that appear as giant smiley faces only visible from the air.