Personal, detailed help with math, writing, or reading during tutoring sessions.
What You'll Get
- What’s included: one student-skills assessment and two one-hour tutoring sessions
- Skills assessment includes standardized testing, diagnostic tools, and personal interviews with student
- Available tutoring session subjects include: reading, writing, and math
- New customers only
- Certain homework tutoring is subject to availability
- Valid only for Sylvan subjects
- Tutoring hours must be completed in two weeks of taking the skills assessment.
Sylvan Learning’s COVID-19 Precautions
- The team is aware that most schools are currently sending homework packets, doing online learning, or assigning work at home that would have normally be done in the classrooms – or a combination of everything; that’s why, as a local business focused on education, they are currently offering live, online tutoring
- Note that state and local guidelines are changing regularly. Please check Sylvan Learning’s website or contact them for their latest guidelines.
The Fine Print
About Sylvan Learning
The staff members at Sylvan Learning's numerous study facilities understand that each child learns differently. Therefore, they don’t try to implement a uniform tutoring system; instead, they design custom lesson programs based on the results of standardized testing, diagnostic tools, and one-on-one interviews.
Tutors work with students from kindergarten through grade 12, illuminating topics ranging from basic reading and writing to remembering complex algebraic formulas without having them tattooed on your chest. Many of Sylvan’s instructors work in local schools, so they are intimately familiar with common curricula and understand how to gear lessons toward optimal results. After-school and summer classes can ready high-schoolers for the rigors of the ACT or the SAT, or they can help students to wow college-admissions officers with their superior essay-writing skills.