When Vincent van Gogh painted with his mother, she not only helped create masterpieces but she also foiled several of his early attempts at ear-severing. Paint without your mother's protection with today's Groupon for a membership or classes at Tacoma Art Place. Based on your plurality, purchase one of the following Groupons:
- For $40, you get a one-year family membership (a $100 value).
- For $24, you get a one-year individual membership (up to a $48 value).
- For $10, you get a spring fling egg-decorating class and a one-day pass for admission (up to a $30 value) on Saturday, April 2, 9, or 16 from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- For $10, you get a spring fling flowers and May basket class with a one-day pass for admission (up to a $30 value) on Saturday, April 2, 9 or 16 from 2 p.m. to 5 p.m.
The Tacoma Art Place provides both the shared, artistic space and the multitude of equipment needed to conjure up creative works. Members can paint on their easels, knit or crochet with their needles, sew on their machines, solder metal with their jewelry-making tools, and even check out cameras and camera accessories. The library and resource room provide extra guidance, inspiration, or words.
Members can also sign up for Tacoma Art Place's classes, which include materials, are led by experienced artists, and are open to all ages unless specified (children under 14 must be accompanied by an adult). The family-friendly spring fling egg-decorating class encourages embryonic maestros to dress artificial eggs (or real eggs supplied by the student) in tissue, decoupage, paint, or watercolor. The spring fling flowers and May baskets class equips artists with the mana needed to craft flowers from paper, glitter, and pipe cleaners, alongside festive paper hanging baskets filled with tortured artistic genius.
Tacoma Art Place is a nonprofit organization dedicated to fostering creativity and artistic expression by providing access to art equipment and instruction to people of all ages and monetary means.
- …Tacoma Art Place seems already to be fulfilling its mission – to build community with art. – Rosemary Ponnekanti, The News Tribune
1116 S 11th
Tacoma, Washington 98405Get Directions