What You'll Get
Tennis is a long-standing favorite sport around the world, inspiring the dreams of thousands and the spatula serving of roughly 15 million pounds of dumplings each year. Catch volley fever with today's Groupon: for $12, you get a ticket to the opening rounds of play at the Campbell's Hall of Fame Tennis Championships, held at the International Tennis Hall of Fame in Newport. Choose from three dates, and get a fine view from the South stands on one of the following dates:
- Monday, July 5, at 11 a.m. ($20)
- Tuesday, July 6, at 11 a.m. ($20)
- Wednesday, July 7, at 11 a.m. ($25)
The Campbell's Hall of Fame Tennis Championship is the only professional grass-court tournament in all of North America. The original site of the US Open, the venue sports charming, rustic architecture as well as intimate seating for up-close-and-acquainted views of the players. The 2010 lineup is as praiseworthy as the venue, with the top eight seeds of the tournament ranked within the top 100 on the South African Airways ATP rankings, including No. 3 American Sam Querrey, No. 6 American Mardy Fish and No. 8 American Taylor Dent, as well as Germany’s Benjamin Becker and Columbian Alejandro Falla. Defending champion Rajeev Ram, currently the No. 7 American, is also slated to compete in the 32-draw tournament.
The Campbell's Hall of Fame Tennis Championships have been showcased in respected media outlets such as Tennis.com, which features a beautiful shot of the lush green court. Though the museum and history are informative and entertaining, the courts provide the Hall of Fame's most living action. Grab today's Groupon and experience for yourself the thrill of the strikes and spares of tennis in one of USA Today’s best venues in the world.
- Today, the six-acre venue has thirteen grass courts, one clay court, a court-tennis facility, and three indoor courts—all available for public play. In mid-July, the facility hosts the prestigious Campbell's Hall of Fame Tennis Championships, the only men's professional tournament in the nation held on grass courts. – Fodors
- As [founder James Gordon] Bennett hoped, his Newport Casino swiftly became the premier gathering place of his privileged compatriots. Now the pavilion hosts professional tournaments, and its courts are open to the public for play (call ahead to make reservations May-Oct). – Frommer's
- I like the way they build up from old trophies and recollection of the history of the game up to the modern day, with interactive videos and stats to browse. – Phil R., Yelp
- …if your [sic] lucky enough to find a match or a lesson going on in the court tennis court, you'll really be fascinated. – HealthyGourmet, TripAdvisor
The Fine Print
Expiration varies. Amount paid never expires. Limit 1 per person per day, may buy multiple as gifts. Valid only for date purchased; avail. for redemption on date of purchased event only. Not valid for resale. No cash back. Not valid with other offers. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.