- Friday, February 11 at 7:30 p.m.
- Saturday, February 12 at 7:30 p.m.
- Sunday, February 13 at 2 p.m.
- Friday, February 18 at 7:30 p.m.
- Saturday, February 19 at 7:30 p.m.
- Sunday, February 20 at 2 p.m.
- Friday, February 25 at 7:30 p.m.
- Saturday, February 26 at 7:30 p.m.
- Sunday, February 27 at 2 p.m.
- Thursday, March 3 at 7:30 p.m.
- Friday, March 4 at 7:30 p.m.
- Saturday, March 5 at 7:30 p.m.
Brandon Ivie directs an entertaining spectacle that pays loving homage to the jazz-era of the 1920s. The protagonist begins by spinning his favorite musical production on a turntable, summoning phantasms of the entire cast into his living room. From that point forward, the theater reverberates with the bopping feet and harmonious cadences of performers as they regale the audience with an engrossing tale of a Broadway starlet seeking the love of her life.
Seattle Musical Theatre performs its shows in an intimate, 400-seat theater in Magnuson Park. Sunday matinees have open seating (doors open at 1:15 p.m and first come, first served); Thursday, Friday, and Saturday shows grant priority seating in the middle of Section B and the front rows of side seating.
Though there are no reviews yet for this season's remaining productions, Seattle Musical Theatre's past performances have had rave reviews from the Seattle Times, the Herald, Seattle Gay News, and The Broadway Hour Seattle:
- The choreography is more than dance steps. There are very funny interactions with characters that are contained in a song-and-dance sequence, if you pay attention. – Miryam Gordon, Seattle Gay News
- …the director and choreographer never hits too hard with the jokes, keeping the pace light during the humorous moments and not taking the puns seriously. While it shifts in mood and has its share of mournful moments, the play keeps continuously moving and never loses its audience. – Kenna M. Kettrick, The Broadway Hour Seattle
Seattle Musical Theatre at Magnuson Park
Originally founded as the Civic Light Opera, Seattle Musical Theatre at Magnuson Park has produced over 150 musical productions and provided theatre education for over 35 years. The company has gradually regrown its roots to take on American musicals both classic and esoteric. Located at scenic, 350-acre Magnuson Park, which sits along the shoreline of Lake Washington, Seattle Musical Theatre is spacious, with 400 seats, and has ample free parking available. In its 35 seasons, the company has premiered a number of shows in the northwest, including rarely seen productions such as 110 in the Shade.
7400 Sand Point Wy. NE
Seattle, Washington 98115Get Directions