All reviews are from people who have redeemed deals with this merchant.
January 8, 2013
· July 10, 2018
July 25, 2016
What You'll Get
The all-time greatest inventor, who shall remain nameless because he or she also invented anonymity, mastered innovation upon discovering what would become the 18th century's crowning achievement—the baking soda and vinegar volcano. Interact with innovation’s universal ability to wow with today’s deal: for $5, you get one individual general-admission and one IMAX educational-movie ticket to The Tech Museum of Innovation, a $10 value. This deal does not include special exhibitions or feature full-length IMAX films.
Spread out among 132,000 square feet and three levels are a variety of permanent and temporary exhibits that represent the museum’s goal of innovative inspiration. The recently opened, hands-on, and interactive exhibit Invention at Play examines the evolution of playtime from the hoop-and-stick of yesteryear to the portable holographic virtual wristwatches of today. The art, film, and music-focused Tech Virtual Test Zone conceptualizes ideas from the virtual world of Second Life with interactive wonders such as the Wall of Musical Buttons. The Wall allows visitors to experiment with note intervals in familiar musical melodies, and Mashup Masterpiece gives visitors the ability to add their own creative modifications after observing an artist's artistic process. Aspiring weatherpersons can learn about the powers of wind, water, and sun in Green by Design, or budding Beakmans can perform various science experiments in the Exploration Gallery. Keep the stimulation going while giving tired legs a rest with the included educational IMAX movie. Check out current offerings such as Arabia or Under the Sea or peruse the schedule for other upcoming shows at The Hackworth IMAX Dome Theater.
The Tech Museum’s azure- and mango-colored domed building houses mind-bending art, a TechStore, café, and more than a million beakers' worth of science and technology. Plan your family’s next educational field trip, fun day, or science-fair-inspiration expedition at The Tech Museum. Prepare to bask in the warm glow of innovation while sparking creativity with the potency of a velociraptor climbing an electric fence.
- It is entertainment, education and fun. The displays are interesting. The exhibits are challenging. – lawfox, Citysearch
- The Tech museum is a great place for kids and adults alike. The Imax theater is awesome, it is like watching movies in the fourth dimension. There are always cool hands on exhibits that entertain the kiddies for hours. Definately [sic] a great place to learn and have fun! – keirstenlampkin, Citysearch
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Oct 21, 2010. Amount paid never expires. Not valid for special exhibitions. Imax not valid for full length feature films. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About The Tech Museum of Innovation
Its name may contain the word "museum," but The Tech Museum of Innovation prefers not to wallow in the past. Since its earliest days in 1978, it has exhibited the timeless principles of science while also celebrating the latest in technological achievement. In doing so, the institution inspires visitors to apply that same spirit of creative problem-solving to all aspects of life.
- Size: the mango-and-azure domed building fills 132,000 square feet with tons of interactive exhibits and experiences.
- Hands-On Experiments: ride in a jet-pack chair worthy of NASA, feel what it's like to experience an earthquake, explore the human body like never before in Body Worlds Decoded, learn about internet security in Cyber Detectives, and take part in cutting-edge immersive experiences in Reboot Reality.
- Eye-Catchers: the creations inside Social Robots, where visitors design and build robots before dressing them up in hats that a human could never pull off.
- Permanent Mainstay: The Tech for Global Good exhibit, a showcase of films displaying how the best uses of technology can change our world for the better.
- Don't Miss: The Tech Studio, where you can explore your problem-solving potential in guided STEAM experiences: science, technology, engineering, arts and math.