Classes combine aspects of kung fu, boxing, and cardio and strength training to create full-body workouts for students of all fitness levels
All reviews are from people who have redeemed deals with this merchant.
What You'll Get
Choose Between Two Options
- $25 for four cardio kickboxing classes (in one month) ($75 value) with boxing gloves ($40 value; $$115 total value)
- $35 for eight cardio kickboxing classes (in one month) ($150 value) with boxing gloves ($40 value; $190 total value)
- Click to see the class schedule.
Three Things to Know About Kickboxing
Kickboxing is a popular form of competitive fighting, but it really encompasses many different combat disciplines. Read on to learn more about this martial arts—and fitness—mainstay.
1. Kickboxing is many disciplines in one, incorporating moves and techniques from many martial arts. Punches, kicks, elbows, clinches, and takedowns are all fair game. As such, styles can vary widely among martial-arts purists, boxers, and fighters who work to cultivate a unique approach.
2. Its versatility translates well to fitness. Kickboxing balances upper- and lower-body flexibility with cardiovascular exercise, making for an effective full-body workout. Practitioners also get the benefit of learning self-defense techniques, getting a leg up on their peers who only know how to chuck a treadmill at an attacker.
3. It’s not that old. Kickboxing is quite popular in Thailand, which is also home to Muay Thai—a form of boxing, practiced as a regulated sport since the late 19th century, in which fighters don gloves and other pads. In 1966, a Japanese karate promoter became infatuated with Muay Thai—and particularly the full-contact striking that’s not allowed in karate—and saw an opportunity to blend the styles. He prepared three karate fighters to take on Muay Thai specialists, and the competition was fierce enough to inspire the birth, a few years later, of kickboxing as an organized sport.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires 180 days after purchase. Amount paid never expires. Not valid for clients active within the past 6 month(s). Reservation required. Subject to availability. Merchant's standard cancellation policy applies (any fees not to exceed Groupon price). Limit 1 per person, may buy 1 additional as gift. Valid only for option purchased. All goods or services must be used by the same person. Must use all classes within one month of first class. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About A Chat with Tiger's Kung Fu Academy
What services does your business offer and what makes your business stand out from the competition? At Tiger's Kung Fu Academy, we are dedicated to providing you and your family with the highest quality training at a price everyone can afford. And with over 16 years of experience, we have the knowledge and tools to ensure that you not only become a successful martial artist but a success anywhere.
Is your location strictly for adults, or can kids participate as well? Our Women's self-defense class is open to all ages 13 and older and strive to make sure all women have the tools and the confidence to protect themselves in any situation.
What was the inspiration to start or run this business? I've been teaching a long time. What inspires me to do this every day of my life is the students. We have the most dedicated and hard working students, and they inspire me to train harder myself, so I can give them my all every single class.
What do you love most about your job? What I love most is the opportunity to take a student who may be lacking confidence, who may be out of shape, who may want to become better than what they are, and help them achieve their goals. There is nothing more satisfying for me than to help others become a better version of themselves.