All reviews are from people who have redeemed deals with this merchant.
August 25, 2014
September 28, 2013
September 27, 2013
What You'll Get
- $45 toward delicious Japanese cuisine from Umami Asian Kitchen
- Fresh fish, local ingredients
- Seasonal menu
- View lunch menu
- View dinner menu
- Wine, signature cocktails, and a variety of Asian beers also available
- Skilled, friendly staff
- Upscale dining atmosphere
- Reservations required.
- Umami, which means delicious in Japanese and is also known as the fifth taste, serves up Asian dishes hoping to do just that—entice your taste buds. The man trying to wow your palate is chef Michael Longo, whose philosophy in the kitchen and passion for all things local is well-represented in the menu and throughout the restaurant...While definitely in a category all its own in Chagrin Falls, the big, bold, craveable flavors of Umami is exactly what this little village needed. – Michelle Venorsky, Metromix Cleveland
- Think briny oysters, woodsy mushrooms, vintage cheeses and rich hearty stocks. Umami is a distinct but subtle effect, blending well with other foods to enhance and deepen flavors. That's where Umami Asian Kitchen gets its name, and its credo. Though it's a tiny sliver of a restaurant (barely 30 seats), the menu embraces big tastes and lots of them. The result is some dishes whose parts play together in a delicious and harmonious whole... – Beth Segal, The Plain Dealer
- My girlfriends and i recently visited Umami and found the food tasty, creative and beautifully prepared. The service was terrific...Umami is a wonderful dining experience and a must try...especially if you are looking for really fresh and delicious fish. – edanaedana, Urbanspoon
- The atmosphere, food and service stand above the rest...The food is adventurous and well prepared. Try the goat cheese dumplings or Masman chicken. the sushi and sashimi was also awesome. – jwestrich, Urbanspoon
The Fine Print
Limit 1 per table. No cash back. Tax and gratuity not included. Reservation required. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
Under the guidance of chef Matthew Anderson, whose cooking has been spotlighted on WKYC, Umami serves a contemporary pan-Asian menu that changes with the seasons. Locally sourced vegetables, tofu, meats, and goat's-milk products are at the core of Umami’s innovative Japanese cuisine, working in harmony with imported, never-frozen seafood to earn praise in publications such as Cleveland Scene and Cleveland.com’s A-list.
Diners enjoy their small and large plates beneath delicate pendant lights that softly illuminate the romantic setting decorated with floral artwork and bamboo shoots. Umami offers a small list of wines, beers, and sakes that harmonize with meals, as well as tasty cocktails such as the Lotus with lychee and ginger.