|_Jump to: Reviews||Less Notable Beatles_|
Gentler on the skin and better for the environment than being pelted by vegan marshmallows, a massage is like a refreshing massage or a gentle simile-improvement seminar. Today’s Groupon hugs your body with a 90-minute massage from Urban Skin Care for $55 (an up to $125 value). Your skin and muscles will soften under the feather-light impact of a hot-stone, deep tissue, or aromatherapy massage at either Urban Skin Care’s Little Italy or Coronado locations.
Ever since Newton first described the pleasing after-effects of the apple that ricochetted off his noggin, humanity has been reaping the benefits of firm contact. Urban Skin Care believes less in fruitful shenanigans than it does in experienced muscle treatment and customer service. The urban paradise is home to a welcoming atmosphere with plush, sink-into-able massage beds and experienced therapists dedicated to giving you the most relaxing hour and a half of your day. Pick your anti-poison between:
- Aromatherapy: Combine the forces of Swedish massage and effervescent fragrance as swell smells become your skin’s new calling card.
- Zone Stone Massage: Relax and detox under the warmth of warm stones as therapists apply them to you much more gently than they would in a Shirley Jackson short story.
- Deep Tissue Massage: A massage that runs deeper than superficial tissue massage, but not quite as deep as transcendental tissue massage, deep tissue is a slow and therapeutic massage that evaporates pain.
The human body is strong and strong-willed, but it sometimes needs a helping pair of hands to give it the resilience to endure a holiday season’s worth of stubborn wrapping paper, ambushes by roving gangs of carolers, and your in-laws’ indigestible fruitcake pie.
Yelpers give Urban Skin Care 4.5 stars alongside online testimonials from happy clients: > * The atmosphere is cozy & their attitudes are warm & welcoming. It’s a big reason why I’ve continued to make Urban Skin Care a regular part of my grooming routine. – Lena Lewis of KUSI News, Testimonial > * The place is super comfy, and feels like home. – Sophia G., Yelp > * I had an amazing massage here and was very happy with my experience – Katherine B., Yelp
Less Notable Beatles
Massages are great for melting away tension, especially when you bring a friend (or bandmate) who you’ve been prickly with lately. If relaxing massages had been more available in 1960s Liverpool, the Beatles probably could’ve taken their own advice to “work it out” and remain a 24-piece ensemble, instead of firing all but four members. Rock historians have painstakingly pieced together what they believe is a list of the early, cast-off members of the Beatles, but as they say, “Tomorrow never knows”:
- Jorge, Paug, Snog, and Pringle
- Jom, Porge, Snail, and Jimbo
- Don, Saul, Lore, and Data
- Yan, June, Rodge, and Jingle
- Blog, Snopes, Dogg, and Shinguard
Follow @Groupon_Says on Twitter.
549 Orange Ave
Coronado, California 92118Get Directions