In the cooler Florida months, bioluminescent Comb Jellies congregate in the protected waters of the Indian River Lagoon. Living in the most bio-diverse estuary in North America, Comb Jellies are clear, glob-like creatures that, despite their name, do not sting! So as you paddle the calm waters laced with mangroves and palm trees, you can catch and hold these gentle glowing creatures. They're right at your fingertips while having a safe, awe-inspiring kayak adventure with those who share your enthusiasm for new and unique experiences.
In addition to the stars, the myriad of protected wildlife around you, and the Comb Jelly’s bioluminescence, their “ribs” are lined with cilia that they use to propel themselves, so when you cast a flashlight on them just right, they’ll also refract a dynamic rainbow-y light show! They’re right at your fingertips while having a safe, awe-inspiring kayak adventure with those who share your enthusiasm for unique experiences.
What You'll Get
What to Expect -
• No restroom facilities at the launch site (visitor center is the closest)
• Just under two hours on the water for a leisurely paddle
• Expect to get a little wet – depends on you (or possibly your friends)
• To see lots of wildlife and stretch those muscles a little
• To learn some basics about paddling and more about local wildlife
• To wear your life vest & whistle :)
• Great guides who enjoy their work and keep you safe
• Lots of outdoor fun and a desire to come back real soon
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- LOCATION - will be sent via text/call or by reaching A Day Away Kayak Tours (location changes based on quality of Bioluminescence)
- (321)268-2655 - Business Hours Number
- (321)284-1555 - After Hours Number
- What to bring:
- Clothes you don’t mind getting a little wet. Towel (left in car)
- Water Shoes – sandals or Crocs that can be worn in the water
- Bring an extra change of clothes just in case
- Camera & Dry bag (optional) These are fairly useless to capture bioluminescence, but great for capturing people.
- Bottled water, Snacks
- Any special personal paddling gear if you like
- You may bring a flashlight, though we will provide a safety light.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 42 travelers
- 2 hour kayak tour
- Professional guide
Various Location on the Merritt Island National Wildife Refuge as well as in Cocoa/Merritt Island area.
• LOCATION - will be sent via text/call or by reaching A Day Away Kayak Tours (location changes based on quality of Bioluminescence)
• (321)268-2655 - Business Hours Number
• (321)284-1555 - After Hours Number
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the A Day Away Kayak Tours in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.