Here’s your chance to take in some of the most breathtaking scenery on the Niagara River. Join one of our experienced tour guides as you paddle your kayak through marshes and around islands that played a pivotal role in the settlement of the Niagara Frontier. Land your kayak at Strawberry Island for a brief respite and lounge on a pebble beach or wade in the crystal clear river water.
What You'll Get
The Niagara River follows a 36 mile course flowing first around Grand Island before cascading over the brink of Niagara Falls more than 15 miles downstream. It is at the southern tip of Grand Island that your kayak tour begins. Your guide will lead you along some of the very same canoe trails that were used by the early settlers of the Niagara frontier. As you paddle through the tranquil river waters you will learn about the geology, history and ecology of the Niagara River. You will get to visit the restored East River Marsh, an active heron rookery on Motor Island and you will even land on Strawberry Island where you may see the Bald Eagles that are in residence. Birdlife abounds and it is likely that you will encounter great blue herons, great egrets, black crowned night herons, ospreys and spotted sandpipers as well as a variety of gulls and terns so plan on bringing a camera.
After meeting your guide you will be briefed on the day’s trip and the potential highlights.
You will be given a choice of either a single or tandem kayak that can be adjusted to fit you comfortably. All paddlers will be required to wear a lifejacket equipped with a whistle while out on the river.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Minimum age is 8 years; children must accompany a parent on a 2-person kayak
- Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund.
- Grand Island, NY is approximately 20 minutes from Niagara Falls, NY
- Recommended clothing: loose light clothing, bathing suit (not-required), hat, sunglasses, SPF sunscreen
- Don't forget your camera!
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- 3-hour kayaking tour on Niagara River
- Professional and knowledgeable guide
- All necessary equipment (your choice of single or double kayak)
- Light snack and bottled water
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Blue Water Marina in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.