Visit the Athabasca Glacier on a massive ice explorer on this 3-hour excursion. Walk along the frozen sheet of ice and fill your water bottle with pure snowmelt, then venture out along the glass bottomed Glacier Skywalk for incredible views along the cliff's edge. See two amazing attractions outside of Banff in one fun-filled adventure.
About This Deal
DEAL FEATURED AND CHARGED IN US CURRENCY.
No trip to Jasper is complete without a visit to the famed Columbia Icefield, the largest ice field in the Canadian Rockies. Jaw-dropping views of towering mountains surround a landscape of broken rocks and ice and pure white snow as far as the eye can see. The Athabasca Glacier, located in the northwest corner of Banff National Park, is one of the most imposing and dramatic parts of the massive ice sheet and is often only accessible through the help of specialized winter vehicles.
Your glacier adventure departs from the Icefield Glacier Discovery Centre along the Icefields Parkway (Highway 93 N), approximately 175 km (110 mi) from Banff, widely recognized as one of the most scenic mountain drives in the Canadian Rockies. Tours depart every 15-30 minutes and your ticket is valid at any point for the day you have selected.
From the Discovery Centre, you will board a specialized Ice Explorer, a massive vehicle with gigantic wheels designed to let you travel safely along the often frozen roadway. Along the way, your driver will provide commentary about glaciers, their impact upon the local ecosystem, and the environmental changes rapidly transforming these massive scenic wonders. Once you reach the Athabasca Glacier, you will have the opportunity to hop out and walk along the glacier. Experience the place for yourself and even fill up your water bottle with pure, pristine snowmelt.
After you will return back to the Discovery Center before heading over to the Glacier Skywalk, where you will walk along the glass bottom walkway out over the cliff's edge. After stopping to appreciate the incredible view and capture a few photographs, it's back to the Discovery Center and a return to your vehicle.
Duration: 3 hours
Location: Columbia Icefield Discovery Centre, Highway 93 Icefields Pkwy, Improvement District No. 12, Jasper National Park, Alberta T1L 1J3 Canada
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- Guided drive to Athabasca Glacier
- Access to Glacier Skywalk
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Entry/Admission - Columbia Icefield Discovery Centre
- Transportation to/from Glacier Discovery Center
Athabasca Glacier, Improvement District No. 12, AB T0E 1E0, Canada
4/17/2020 - 10/18/2020
|Monday - Sunday:||10:00 AM - 04:00 PM|
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Banff Jasper Collection By Pursuit in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
- ALL SALES FINAL.
- DEAL FEATURED AND CHARGED IN US CURRENCY.
- Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates.
- Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment.
- Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale and Extraordinary Event Policy do not apply.
- See Viator voucher terms under "Viator Vouchers" here.