About your host Kareem:”After a long banking career in Cairo Egypt my home country, I moved to Austin Texas in 2016 to learn everything about Texas BBQ. Since then, I obtained a culinary certificate, gained experience by learning smoking meats from Austin’s top pitmasters, won lots of trophies in BBQ cook offs around Austin (which you will get to see on my trophy wall!)”
What You'll Get
After years learning from top Pitmasters in the sate, Host Kareem (a BBQ cook-off winner himself) has put together this entertaining, dynamic class where you will learn to cook the perfect steak both on the grill and the stove. This class will teach you how to ensure a gorgeous crust, juicy center, & a tender buttery flavor. Kareem will provide tips on how to choose and maintain the right grill for you, educate you on different cuts of steak and where they come from, give a little insight to the science behind the cooking process, how to check for your preferred steak temperature, and more!
What to expect:
• 4-course hands-on cooking class to create the perfect steak
• Guests are welcome to bring wine and beer
• Welcoming up to 6 guests
• Learn the hidden secrets & techniques behind the steak cooking process
*Eatwith is the world's largest community for culinary experiences with locals. Enjoy local food and browse dinner parties, cooking classes, and more in beautiful homes and exclusive venues
• Steak 1: Pan Seared New York Strip - With garlic-herb butter
• Steak 2: Grilled Ribeye - With Mint Chimichurri With herbs, lemon, thyme, garlic, and vinegar
• Side Dish: Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes - With heavy cream and butter
• Skillet Chocolate Chip Cookie - Vanilla bean Ice cream - caramel drizzle
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Guests need to communicate if they have any food restrictions (allergy, special diet, etc.)
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
Woodrow Avenue, Woodrow Ave, Austin, TX, USA
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the EatWith in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.