Soak up the rich history of New Orleans on this walking tour. Experience paranormal activity such as cold spots, apparitions and the possibility of catching an orb. Visit locations with your knowledgeable guide. Learn about traditional burial practices, Voodoo, vampires, and ghosts. Hear stories of intrigue and see interesting architecture. A real EMF Meter - Ghost/Paranormal Detector will be used during this tour. To add to the fun and entertainment of this tour guests will be allowed to stop in bars along the tour route and purchase a to go drink before the group heads out to the next location. Please keep in mind that some bars allow children inside however some do not. Welcome to the home of the drunken tours .... where learning is intoxicating.
What You'll Get
This tour takes place in the French Quarter, where you'll meet your guide. From there, you will explore Louisiana's complex culture and rich history, and experience that magical mystery that makes New Orleans city so irresistible.
During this tour you will notice the beautiful architecture throughout the French Quarter that makes it so unique. You will see where Hollywood stars have decided to call the French Quarter home. Do you know what pirates, prostitutes, convicted felons all have in common with with the founding of New Orleans? Or why locals walk down to Jackson Square when it rains? Come find out on this history-packed tour of the French Quarter.
Have you ever wondered why New Orleans is considered the most haunted city in America? In this tour you'll be exploring the 'dark side' of New Orleans history, too.
Visit multiple locations of unsolved murders and suicides. Hear stories of real documented reports of vampires and ghosts roaming around the streets of the French Quarter. Visit locations where vampires held their victims and fed off of them. Learn about New Orleans' traditional burial practices and how they are different than most. This will explain why the city has an above-ground cemetery, along with how and why it recycles the same vaults over and over again.
On this tour you will also visit locations where scenes from unforgettable movies have been filmed. Stop at many of the attractions and National Historic Landmarks that this city has to offer along the way, some of which are the St. Louis Cathedral, St. Anthony's Garden, The Cabildo, The Presbytere, The Ursuline Convent and Jackson Square.
Before this tour concludes you will visit the most poplular locations throughout the world-famous French Quarter.
A real EMF Meter - Ghost/Paranormal Detector will be used during this tour.
To add to the fun and entertainment of this tour guests will be allowed to stop in bars along the tour route and purchase a to go drink before the group heads out to the next location. Please keep in mind that some bars allow children inside however some do not. We make learning intoxicating!
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Tickets can not be transferred. No refunds for any reason (including weather in New Orleans or any other location) All sales are final. Please arrive a few minutes prior to departure time. Tours depart at the scheduled time. If guests do not check in Before the tour they can not call & meet at a different location. Late arrivals will not be refunded. We reserve the right to refuse service to guests who show signs of extreme intoxication. If, as a result, your tour is canceled, you will not be entitled to a refund. Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements.Please be aware that @ cut off time for reservations if the minimum numbers are not met the tour will be cancelled & you will be contacted by phone, text, or email up to 1 hour before the tour is scheduled to depart. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternate tour or full refund. We do not offer additional compensation for a customer who feels inconvenienced by the tour being cancelled. Knowing that there is a chance that this tour may be cancelled guests may want to have a back up plan in the event that this tour is cancelled last minute. If a guest agrees to attend the alternate tour all the same terms and conditions apply. Once a guest confirms the new date / time for a tour no refund will be issued if a guest decides to cancel.
- We reserve the right to cancel or reschedule tours due to inclement weather or any other acts of God. Departure Times are subject to change due to local traffic conditions. In the event of this taking place guests will be contacted via phone, text or email. We are not responsible for lost or stolen personal belongings or any injuries sustained due to the old, uneven & dilapidated streets & walkways. Participants are advised not to obstruct the sidewalks or streets during this tour. We accept no responsibility for anything that arises from this or failure to follow any other instructions while on tour. A fee of $60 will be charged for any piece of lost, damaged, or missing piece of paranormal equipment if a guest takes the equipment they will be expected to return it immediately or pay the $60 fee so that it can be replaced immediately. Guests are not allowed to video any portion of the tour. No videos of any narrations given by tour guides will be permitted. This is a walking tour. The duration: 1 - 2 hours it may last longer depending on the wait time inside the bars. Some bars may be busy & if numerous stops are made to busy bars this can delay the tour to a large degree. Children must be accompanied by an adult. Please keep in mind some bars do not allow kids inside. No entry is gained inside locations. Tour route is subject to change without notice. This tour is also known as the New Orleans Drunk History Tour. Drinks are not included
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
1 to 2 hours
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the New Orleans Drunk History Tour in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
- ALL SALES FINAL.
- Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates.
- Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment.
- Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale and Extraordinary Event Policy do not apply.
- See Viator voucher terms under "Viator Vouchers" here.