Enjoy a private and authentic cooking class in a local home with host Julia, a technology marketer by profession, who is very excited to teach guests how to make the Italian-American comfort food she grew up eating. This is a perfect experience for anyone looking to connect with local culture over food. Your cooking class will take place in a local home kitchen where Julia will teach you how to make 2-3 Italian-American dishes from their family recipes. After cooking, you will enjoy your meal together in your host's home.
• Private cooking lesson in a local home
• Introduction to Italian-American cuisine
• 100% private activity
• Experience American hospitality in a residential Brooklyn neighborhood
• Vegetarian and gluten free options available
About This Deal
This is a unique opportunity to visit the home of a local and explore traditional culture and cuisine. Join your host Julia at her small but charming apartment to learn to cook an Italian-American meal from family recipes that she has perfected. Your hands-on cooking class will last about 2 hours. You will learn to cook three dishes from scratch, an appetizer, a main pasta and a side dish. Learn to cook dishes such as a seasonal bruschetta, her signature penne alla vodka and perfectly roasted brussels sprouts. Enjoy learning about the tips and techniques involved in Italian-American cooking before you sit down at the table to share the meal you helped prepare with host Julia and her husband when he is in town.
• Bruschetta or garlic toast
• Penne alla vodka
• Roasted brussels sprouts
• Chocolate mousse
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Service animals allowed
- Stroller accessible
- Not wheelchair accessible
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Private cooking class with your host Julia
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Traveling Spoon, Inc in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
Need To Know
- ALL SALES FINAL.
- Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates.
- Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment.
- Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale and Extraordinary Event Policy do not apply.
- See Viator voucher terms under "Viator Vouchers" here.