Glass can be exquisite in its myriad forms, from the ornate windows of a Gothic cathedral to the crystalline webbing of a freshly vandalized windshield. Reflect on beauty with this Groupon.
Choose from Three Options
- $39 for one glass-art class (an $80 value)
- $99 for three glass-art classes (a $240 value)
- $179 for six glass-art classes (a $480 value)<p>
This Groupon is valid for the following 2.5-hour classes (click link to view class schedule and full description):
- Embossing Glass: Make relief or embossed designs for plates, serving trays, and wall tiles using custom-made stencils and positive and negative cutouts.
- Screen Melts: Swirl molten glass inside a glass-melt kiln to create colourful, intricate designs, which can be used in trays and bowls.
- Weaving Glass: Weave glass strips into linen patterns and multilevel tartans.
- Christmas Ornaments: Fuse and sandblast glass for Christmas ornaments and holiday decorations.
- Torchworking: Use a “hot head” torch to soften glass and shape it into a variety of beads.
- Sandblasting: Decorate the surface of glassware with etching, carving, and shadowing techniques.<p>
Victorian Art Glass
Dennis Brady and his glass-blowing brood do more than supply Victoria with a steady stream of colourful crystalline pieces. They also impart the tricks of their trade in easy-to-understand classes, lectures, and workshops. Artists and curious common folk can take advantage of Victorian Art Glass's expansive art experience, which allows visitors to experience several different types and textures. The studio's many kilns for rent or other tools such as the sandblaster help produce intricate designs into smooth surfaces to practice for a new gig as Jack Frost. The glassomancers' educational programs emphasize the business end of artistry, with numerous classes aimed specifically at improving one's marketability.