Climbers scale mountains for the feeling of accomplishment and the heap of free flags waiting at the summit. Reach new personal heights with this Groupon.
Choose from Five Options
- $181 for Mt. Washington climb for two people ($518 value)
- $219 for two-day mountaineering package for one person, with Mt. Washington climb and skills course ($500 value)
- $450 for two-day mountaineering package for two people, with Mt. Washington climb and skills course ($1,000 value)
- $249 for ice-climbing adventure for two, including one-night stay in bunk house ($500 value)
- $450 for ice-climbing adventure for four, including one-night stay in bunk house ($1,000 value)
Tackle Mt. Washington, the highest peak in the northeast. Climb up its 6,288 feet of majestic, technical glory with experienced guides. Two-day mountaineering packages include a full day of skills instruction to prepare participants for even greater challenges. Ice-climbing trips let climbers of any skill level take axe and crampon to the region's brilliant ice cliffs. Packages include all necessary equipment except for boots, sleeping bag, and pillow. Participants must also bring their own food. For specific information about each package, contact Northeast Mountaineering.
It seemed inevitable that the owners would found Northeast Mountaineering, as both grew up in central Massachusetts and both have ascended an array of local and faraway mountains, including Mt. McKinley. With another experienced climber in tow, Northeast Mountaineering's trio of climbers share their passion for the outdoors with pupils during climbs up Mt. Adams, Mt. Washington, or custom trails forged by their pet mountain goats. They also orchestrate trips to Ecuador to climb the second-highest mountain in the country, the 19,347-foot Mt. Cotopaxi. As certified Wilderness First Responders, each guide is dedicated to safe climbing techniques, which they instill in students during courses that are tailored to all skill levels.