Golf-club designers often consult aerospace engineers to fulfill dreams of experimental-alloy drivers and converting the solar system into a nine-hole executive course. Take your game to the next frontier with today's Groupon to Watson Ranch Golf Course in Coos Bay. Choose from the following options:
- For $19, you get a golf outing (up to a $43 total value) that includes the following:
- 18-hole round of golf (up to a $40 value)
- One bucket of driving range balls (a $3 value)
- For $36, you get a golf outing for two (up to an $86 total value) that includes the following:
- 18-hole round of golf for two (up to an $80 value)
- Two buckets of driving range balls (a $6 value)
- For $68, you get a golf outing for four (up to a $172 total value) that includes the following:
- 18-hole round of golf for four (up to a $160 value)
- Four buckets of driving range balls (a $12 value)
Sculpted through the protected terrain of a small, coastal valley, Watson Ranch Golf Course's 18-hole layout spans 6,402 yards of unforgiving fairways and scenic flora and fauna. Severe elevation changes characterize the horticultural haven, placing a high premium on deft course management, precise club selection, and nine-irons not prone to motion sickness. A bucket of driving range balls and a relatively open front nine help prepare swings for the relatively narrow fairways of the second act, where gloved linksmen must trace drives through lines of towering pine trees. Water hazards demand several forced carries on the back nine, including the 169-yard, par-3 13th hole, where tee shots must airmail a moat to reach a shallow green, where they might encounter a marooned, bearded Tom Hanks.
Course at a Glance:
- 18-hole, par-72 course
- Length of 6,402 yards from the farthest tees
- Slope rating of 140 from the farthest tees
- Three tee options
Watson Ranch Golf Course's rates vary throughout the year. Check ahead of time to make sure you are getting the most out of your Groupon.
Watson Ranch Golf
Seventy-five years separate Watson Ranch Golf’s front and back nines, which billow across an undulating parcel of wooded terrain just east of the Coos River. Known as Coos Country Club when it opened for play in 1923, the course’s original nine holes were designed by H. Chandler Egan. A successful amateur golfer himself, his idea of a proper introduction was welcoming players with a pair of stiff par 5s. While Mr. Egan would go on to redesign the famous Pebble Beach Golf Links just six years later, Watson Ranch Golf remained a 9-hole course until 1998, when it sprouted a back nine. Today, the 18-hole course also incorporates a driving range, a chipping area, and two practice putting greens where golfers can limber up before acquainting themselves with Mr. Egan’s opening holes.
Course at a Glance:
- 18-hole, par 72 course
- Total length of 6,402 yards from the back tees
- Three sets of tees per hole
The greens are true and live velvet, fairways cut tight, and tee boxes all in good shape. Be ready for a challengeauthor101, TripAdvisor, 8/3/09
back nine and the front nine seem like two completely different courses, both of which are great. It has an amazing view of hill terrain all aroundLive2G0lf, TripAdvisor, 3/14/11
Tips from Groupon Customers
“Course was in great shape, friendly staff, not crowded. A great place to play”
“Very nice course and the people were very nice and helpful.”
“Great place to golf. Had a fun time. ”
93884 Coos Sumner Ln.
Coos Bay, Oregon 97420Get Directions