10 Pairs of Sunglasses That Only Look Expensive
If you lost any of these shades, you might shed a tear—not because they cost a fortune, but ‘cause they’re so cute.
Three things are true of all sunglasses: they shield your eyes from the sun, add panache to a summer outfit, and are invariably left in cabs or sat on at a baseball game. Because the lifespan of a pair is about as fleeting as a Chicago summer, dropping a lot of money on them rarely seems sensible.
Luckily, the internet (including Groupon Goods) is stocked with scores of snazzy pairs—available with or without a prescription—that are inexpensive, yet stylish enough to mourn if they suffer any mishaps. Here are 10 styles (5 for men, 5 for women), most of which clock in at less than $100.
1. Park Place aviators in Aqua Crystal; Eyefly ($94–$144). Prescription lenses available.
2. Atticus in Perfect Amber; Tortoise & Blonde ($117). Prescription lenses available.
3. Flattop aviators in Grey; Urban Outfitters ($14)
4. The Madison Square in Teal/Black; Flud ($45.50)
5. Square Root polarized in Black; Eyebobs ($99). Prescription lenses available.
1. Shield My Sunshine in Rose; ModCloth ($14.99)
2. Route 66 in Nude; Eyefly ($94). Prescription lenses available.
3. A Muse in Black; Eyebobs ($89.50)
4. Blue Tortoise sunglasses; Anthropologie ($38)
5. Hepcat Shades in Beach Pebble; Madewell ($44.50 on sale)
Amelia is a Senior Writer at Groupon who owns about 600 houses' worth of housewares. She daydreams about throwing parties and amassing more housewares.