A Wisconsin State Fair Scavenger Hunt
The Wisconsin State Fair, which takes place August 1–11 just outside Milwaukee, is a Chicagoan's most convenient option for a summertime dose of fried foods, midway rides, animal exhibits, and grandstand shows. Make the most of this wholesome bacchanal by completing this scavenger hunt during your visit.
2. Instagram a photo from the top of the 88-foot gondola wheel and tag it #kingoftheworld.
3. Cheer for a pig in the pig-racing contest.
4. Sport a handlebar puffstache made of filling from a cream puff.
5. Sing a Miranda Lambert song to a broken-hearted stranger.
6. Read the first chapter of Life of Pi to a white tiger.
7. Wager at least one cream puff on the outcome of the cream-puff-eating contest.
8. Take a photo of someone with Weird Al hair who is not Weird Al.
9. Wiggle your nose at a Flemish Giant.
10. Get your picture taken high-fiving Cravin' D. Creampuff.
11. Scowl at someone in a purple Brett Favre jersey.
12. Request a horse-milking demonstration in the milking parlor.
13. Elicit a wave from a chef in the Cream Puff Pavillion.
14. Find the chicken with the punkest head plumage in the Small Animal Palace.
15. Scour the art collection for a seed-art portrait of Scott Walker.
Snap photos of yourself completing these tasks and email them to firstname.lastname@example.org. We’ll publish our favorites in a special blog post!
Nathalie Lagerfeld contributed to the reporting of this article.
Illustration: © Will Landon, Groupon
Raised in Minnesota and schooled in Wisconsin, Anna is now a well-traveled eater and amateur bassoonist.