Decorate for a Gender-Neutral Baby Shower
Whether the mother-to-be doesn’t know the sex of her child or is keeping the ultrasound results a secret, choosing gender-neutral decorations for a baby shower can sometimes prove challenging. But with a little creativity, you can easily put together a table that looks chic and doesn’t rely on a palette of tired yellows and greens. Hang a festive garland above a table set with a mod teapot and candlesticks, whose geometric shapes and bold colors emulate children’s toys. A coterie of colorful birds makes a storybook-like centerpiece, while Chicago-themed burp cloths can catch guests’ stray crumbs before the baby arrives to wear them out.
1. Animal garland; Shop Meri Meri ($9)
2. Handcrafted sisal birds; West Elm ($14 each)
3. Chicago baby burp-cloth trio; Psychobaby ($20)
4. Irrbloss platter; Marimekko ($63)
5. Stacked candlestick; Kate Spade Saturday ($40)
6. Everyday teapot; Kate Spade Saturday ($45)
Amelia is a Senior Writer at Groupon who owns about 600 houses' worth of housewares. She daydreams about throwing parties and amassing more housewares.