Don’t Just Eat Barbecue. Wear It, Too.
On May 1, England-based men’s boutique End. debuted a sneaker collaboration with Saucony that had a very unusual inspiration: hamburgers. Collectors were hungry to get their hands on a pair, and lined up outside the store for the chance to snag shoes with a color palette reminiscent of buns, lettuce, and ketchup.
Just as the End. x Saucony kicks helped people dress like their favorite barbecue food, other products allow you to smell—and even taste—like cookout staples. A marbled bar of bacon-scented soap lets you wash rib sauce off your hands without losing any meaty musk, and watermelon-flavored lip gloss tastes like the real thing (sans seeds, of course). OPI’s deep burgundy nail polish, Mrs. O’Leary’s BBQ Sauce, isn’t manufactured any longer, but die-hard fans can still snag bottles online at slightly braised, er, raised prices.
1. End. x Saucony Shadow 5000 Burger sneakers; End. ($135)
2. Mrs. O’Leary’s BBQ Sauce nail polish; OPI ($7.99+ on Overstock)
3. Liplicious lip gloss in Watermelon Sorbet; Bath & Body Works ($7.50)
4. Fun Hamburger muscle tee; Forever 21 ($12.80)
5. Gold-plated pewter hot dog charm necklace; Etsy ($18)
6. Lemon Aid color-correcting eyelid primer; Benefit ($20)
7. Bacon-scented hand and bath soap; Archie McPhee ($5.95)