Pack Smart for a Memorial Day Trip
As the unofficial gateway to summer, Memorial Day weekend is often packed with barbecues, boating, and parades. So whether you’re spending the holiday out of town or on a staycation, there’s no time to be wasted obsessing over outfits. Below, we’ve built a small collection that can be easily mixed and matched for everything from days at the beach to fancy dinners, while still fitting in a light-as-air weekender bag.
This tank and cutout tee pair equally well with the shorts and seersucker pants, creating four casual looks befitting picnics and days at the beach. Wear the dress with the sandals and scarf for a sophisticated day outfit, then swap the sandals for heels before dinner. The accessories work with any combination of clothing, and ensure each outfit also honors the spirit of the holiday with subtle dashes of red, white, and blue.
1. Tank top; Mango ($34.99)
2. Chambray shorts; Vince ($145)
3. Sandals; Ancient Greek Sandals ($247)
4. Weekender bag; Cuyana ($120)
6. Cutout T-shirt; LnA ($90)
7. Seersucker drawstring trousers; Madewell ($98.50)
9. Necklace; Laura Lombardi ($82)
10. Faux-leather jacket; House of Fraser ($185)
11. Pleated dress; Theory ($335)
12. Peep-toe pumps; Daily Look ($24.99)
13. Scarf; Liberty London ($177)