Nordstrom's Anniversary Sale is kind of a big deal. The two-week savings extravaganza is the only time all year that many of Nordstrom's most-coveted styles and designers will go on sale at all. Shoppers can expect discounts of 30% to 50% on fashion, shoes, beauty, accessories, and home goods from top brands like Steve Madden, Spanx, and Sam Edelman. Nordstrom's exclusive house brands like Treasure & Bond, Open Edit, and Halogen are also included in the sale.
The once-a-year event is so hotly anticipated that many of the styles sell out within minutes of the sale going live. (This year, the sale opens to the public at 12:01 a.m. ET on Friday, July 15.) But the saaviest shoppers know that the sale actually starts earlier—as soon as Wednesday, July 6. The early access from July 9–July 14 is only open to Nordstrom credit cardmembers.
Nordstrom Credit Card Benefits
For new Nordstrom credit cardmembers, the benefits are huge right now. Here are the ones we're most excited about:
- Get up to a $40 Bonus Note: New cardmembers are eligible for up to a $40 bonus Note when they make a purchase at Nordstrom, Nordstrom.com, or Nordstrom Rack on the day they are approved. The $40 Note will then be available to be used on any Nordstrom purchase.
- Instant Insider Status: Nordstrom rewards customers the more they spend. There are five levels of status within the Nordstrom loyalty program and opening a Nordstrom credit card automatically bumps customers up to the second level, aka Insider status. Insiders can attend free Beauty & Styling events and save an extra 25% off red-tag clearance items. But the biggest Insider perk is Double Points Day. Insiders get to schedule their own personal Double Points Day every year. On that day, they will earn 2X the points on net purchases in stores or online at Nordstrom, Nordstrom Rack, and HauteLook.
- Early Access to select brands & sales: Be among the first to shop new brands and products and sales as Nordstrom launches them. Being a Nordstrom credit cardmember is the only way to get free early access to the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale.
- Earn up to 3X as many rewards points: A Nordstrom credit card is a fast-track to earning rewards. Where and when the card is used matters though. Here's the breakdown of how Nordstrom credit card members earn rewards:
What You Need to Know About a Nordstrom Credit Card
- There's no annual fee.
- It's a Visa card, so you can use it anywhere Visa is accepted.
- You can apply online and start using it as soon as you're approved.
- All the APR and interest information you need can be found here.
This post was sponsored by Nordstrom, but all the opinions are from the Groupon Coupons team.