Climbers of all experience levels scale the rocks in this indoor climbing gym featuring 70 climbs and 50 boulder problems
About This Deal
- Indoor climbing
- Rental includes harness, and shoes
- Located inside the Ajax Community Centre, the facility offers 25ft. walls with 70 climbs and 50 boulder problems, varying from super easy to super hard
Indoor Rock Climbing FAQs
- Is it safe? Yes. Rock climbing gyms typically require a safety course on proper belaying techniques, knots, and other fundamentals for top-rope courses and have designated “beginner” courses for first timers.
- What should I wear? Loose-fitting clothing that you can easily move around in. You’ll be able to grab climbing shoes, harness, and other necessary gear onsite.
- Do I have to be in good shape? Not really—climbing gyms have courses that cater to a wide range of fitness levels. Generally speaking, if you can climb a ladder you can indoor rock climb.
- What if I’m afraid of heights? Try bouldering, which takes place on shorter walls and doesn’t require harnesses or other top-rope gear. Bouldering focuses more on moving sideways than vertically, so climbers rarely get more than 10–12 feet off the ground.
Need To Know
About Ajax Rock Oasis
Housed in the Ajax Community Centre, Ajax Rock Oasis is a hub of sporty entertainment for people of all ages. The 25-feet walls feature 70 climbs and 50 boulder problems varying in difficulties to challenge both aspiring climbers and those with longer experience. The venue boasts air conditioning and free parking spaces for clients' convenience.