Early man made many attempts at flying, such as sewing feathers onto his arms and scaling mountain peaks in order to cling to the underbellies of passing comets. Ride along on a new-fashioned flight with today's Groupon for a 20-minute helicopter tour for three people and a matted, framed photo taken from the air (a $49.99 value) from Alpha Helicopters (up to a $319.96 total value, with fees varying between airports). Choose from the following options:
- For $159, take off from St. Petersburg, Clearwater, or Tampa airports (a $269.97 value for three passengers; a total value of $319.96 including the photo).
- For $139, take off from Venice or Manatee airports (a $239.97 value for three passengers; a total value of $289.96 including the photo).
- For $94, take off from the Sarasota airport (a $149.97 value for three passenger; a total value of $199.96 including the photos).
Offering flight training and tours seven days a week for avid air explorers, Alpha Helicopters serves earth-bound humans with a fleet of domesticated helicopters. While soaring 500 feet above ground at speeds of more than 100 miles per hour, riders can catch glimpses of sea dwellers such as manatees, dolphins, and sharks, as well as scenic POVs of landlubbing buildings and Everglades escapees. The whirlybird experience will be remembered for years, thanks in part to a photo taken from the ride high above landlocked bodies of water and land. There is no age limit, meaning children can levitate in safety seats to the same altitude as their parental counterparts.
This Groupon is valid for one tour for up to 3 people; maximum of three people per tour.
Four Google Mappers give Alpha Helicopters a 3.6-star average:
- This was the best Birthday present ever! I would recommend this to anyone wanting something special for their special occasion. – Debbie Fields, Google Maps
- Everything looks so much more beautiful from the air. The crew was professional and friendly and made the whole experience even better! Everybody should do this! – Google Maps user who posted on 11/8/2010