Theater invites us to soar to the heights of happiness, plumb the depths of despair, and luxuriate in the squishiness of velvet seats. Take it all in with today's Groupon: for $27.50, you get a ticket to The Laramie Project or The Laramie Project: 10 Years Later (a $55 value), presented by Arena Stage at the Kreeger Theater. Choose from the following show dates:
- The Laramie Project on Friday, November 19 at 8 p.m.
- The Laramie Project on Saturday, November 20 at 2 p.m.
- The Laramie Project: 10 Years Later on Saturday, November 20 at 8 p.m.
- The Laramie Project on Sunday, November 21 at 2 p.m.
- The Laramie Project: 10 Years Later on Sunday, November 21 at 7:30 p.m.
Using a collage of monologues and characters, The Laramie Project chronicles the 1998 murder of college student Matthew Shepard, the victim of a hate crime in Laramie, Wyoming. The Laramie Project: 10 Years Later returns to the town to examine the further repercussions of the event, and how it continues to mold and change both the local populace and the nation. These landmark productions are directed by Tony and Emmy Award-nominated Moises Kaufman, and Emmy Award-nominated Leigh Fondakowski, both of whom joined an all-star all-skate of Greg Pierotti, Andy Paris, and Stephen Belber in penning the original scripts. Arena Stage brings these two plays together for the first time, an event that's theatrical significance is matched only by the discovery of Euripides' long-lost comedy, Medea 2: Back in the Habit.
Arena Stage is one of the country's largest theaters dedicated to American works. Now in its sixth decade of production, Arena presents classic stories and showcases new work to keep live theater vital, important, and lemony fresh. This contemporary double-feature is conveniently housed in the new Mead Center for American Theater, a vibrant new locale featuring celebrity chef José Andrés' new café to solicit both before and after the show, though during is highly discouraged.
- No matter the venue, Arena Stage has quality performances for all kinds of taste. – Libby F., Yelp
- Everyone from the set designers to the actors, costumers, directors, even wig designer were obviously very-talented professionals. I was very pleased with the every aspect of the show. – Angela M., Yelp