Working out with others motivates you to push yourself harder, helps you stick to a regimen, and buy new workout pants. Reap the benefits of group training with today's Groupon to Austin Adventure Boot Camp: get six heart-pumping, outdoor, co-ed or women-only, hour-long boot camp classes for just $51 (a $102 value).
Stephanie MacDonald, professional bodybuilder and founder of Austin Adventure Boot Camp, has more than 20 years of fitness experience and was voted One of Austin's Fittest by Austin Fit Magazine. She started her outdoor fitness program to inspire and motivate people to live healthier lives through fun, creative workouts. Each boot camp session includes running, weight training, core conditioning, circuit training, and more that will tone, strengthen, and shape your body into a triangular structure of fitness.
Start your day with an appetizer of health in a morning hour-long boot camp. AABC's sessions start as early as 5:30 a.m. (some as late as 9:00 a.m.). Stop by any of the eight locations in and around Austin. Each offers several boot camp options, so check the schedule to find one that works for you. Don't forget to bring a yoga mat, a towel, water, running shoes, and 5–10 lb weights, in preparation for some early morning calorie-burning, fat-destroying, burn-inducing fun.
- Whether your core is quivering Jell-O or rock solid, the sergeants at Austin Adventure Boot Camp will make a hard body out of you. – Austin Chronicle
Yelpers give Austin Adventure Boot Camp four stars:
- From 5:30 to 6:30, there is never a moment where you aren't moving. Even if you are waiting for others to complete a run, you are doing crunches or squats or lunges. Boot Camp rocks! – carla c.
- All the instructors have been good at helping students modify exercises to prevent injury or aggravating an existing problem (like my bad wrists). They don't make you do anything you really shouldn't do but they try to think of a way for you to do something so you can get the same or similar benefits as the others. – Alison S.
- I never dreamed when I signed up for the 1st month I would just keep signing up over and over- but again, I can't imagine NOT signing up! – Tiffany W.
Your Fitness Mantra
Fitness boot camps are all about intense training and require an intense commitment from participants. To make sure you keep your fitness promises, here is Groupon’s Intense Personal Motivation Fitness Boot Camp Promise Motivational Oath for you to yell at the top of your lungs before every session:
- Oooooh yeeeeeah! I want everybody to freak out! Freak out! I’m gonna take it to the limit! I’m too hot to handle and too cold to hold. Expect the unexpected in a kingdom of madness! Who’s in the danger zone?! Dig it. I’ve been everywhere from soaring with the eagles to slithering with the snakes. We’re in space, and space is the place! Oooooh yeeeeah!