Participants are introduced to a golf program, designed for skills development as well as on course experience
About This Deal
Our “Learn to Play Golf” classes are designed for beginners and aim to teach new players the game of golf in a fun, friendly, and non-intimidating group setting. Activities led by trained professional instructors are conducted both on the practice range and the golf course.
- See the 2022 schedule:
- Session I – January 13th to February 12th
- Session II – March 3rd to April 2nd
- Session III – April 21st to May 21st
- Session IV – June 2nd to July 2nd
- Session V – July 21st to August 20th
Session VI – September 8th to October 8th
- Session VIl – October 27th to November 19th
- All sessions have classes on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday
- Class times: Thursday 4:00 p.m./Friday 4:00 p.m./Saturday 2:30 p.m.
- About the instructor: Tirrel Baymon– played collegiate golf at Florida A&M–has been training students at the club since 2010
About Cypresswood Golf Club
Where Cypress Creek meets Spring Creek, you'll find Cypresswood Golf Club—600 acres of densely wooded terrain with two 18-hole courses that have long been critically adored. In fact, its Cypress course was named Golf Digest's Best New Course in 1989, and its newer Tradition course was named Houston's best daily-fee course four years running by the Houston Chronicle.
Before embarking on either 18-hole journey, golfers can warm up at the onsite practice range. And rather than hire a sherpa to navigate the challenging course, players can hone their game under the tutelage of resident instructor Tirrel Baymon. Baymon's pedigree includes a stint on the US Golf Team, and he even once participated in a private clinic for junior golfers conducted by Tiger Woods.