When you did fitness alone, you couldn’t figure out the machines, did a wimpy walk on the treadmill, went home, and ate Funyons. Today’s Groupon brings back the buddy system with three 45-minute personal training sessions at Fitness Together for $75. The regular price of training varies depending on the location, but the average cost of one session is $70 (making this Groupon a $210 value). Fitness Together is the largest personal-training franchise in the Boston area, with a host of locations.
The muscle tutors at Fitness Together will work with you to determine your goals (drop pounds, run a marathon, get strong enough to confront Douglas) and develop a customized workout plan designed to help you reach your true fitness potential. They’ll supervise your squats, offer nutritional advice, and push you until you see results. Individualized attention means it’s all about you—your trainer can point out when you’re doing a stretch incorrectly, help you tone the trouble zones, and push you to keep going when you’d otherwise quit or become distracted by the fragile beauty of a passing hummingbird.
Some people are afraid to go to the gym because they don’t want to look inexperienced in front of the oiled Adonis pumping iron in front of the mirror (hi, Dad!). After three sessions at Fitness Together, you’ll gain the confidence and knowledge essential to effortlessly plow through any routine. Even if you’re a seasoned gym rat, you can use this Groupon to spicy up your routine and keep your muscles wondering what will come next.
Being self-motivated is hard work. The tasks you routinely complete are usually executed in response to gentle encouragement from the powers above (the IRS, the police, your boss, your landlord). Applying that approach to the area of exercise will increase your productivity and get you serious results in no time.
- Having a set appointment in my calendar along with enjoying the workout (which is always fun, different and energizing), gets me there like clockwork. In my opinion it is the best way to work out and it has been transforming not only in terms of my fitness, but overall health and wellbeing. – janetkos, Citysearch
- I was in pretty good shape but wanted to tone up and my personal trainer C.J. knew just what I needed. I mix cardio with weight training and in just a few short weeks I have already tightened up and plan to stay that way. – melissawiggers, Citysearch
- I was 262 when I walked through the doors. That was two months ago and I'm already down to 245 and getting in the best shape of my life. My energy is that of a 25 year old and I grow stronger by the day. The trainers there are very friendly and very knowledgeable about all aspects of training, nutrition and doing what's best for your body type. – crashclark, Citysearch
Go The Distance, I Guess
The professional trainers at Fitness Together will use the twin hands of encouragement and discipline to help sculpt a new you, unlike the uncertified impersonal trainers across the street at their low-impact rival, WhatEv's Workout Bunker. Here are just a few of the impersonal motivation slogans utilized by its lackluster staff:
- "Maybe you can do it!"
- "Drop and give me, like, seven."
- "So then Princess Leia is like, 'I love you,' and Han Solo is just like, 'I know,' and then...hey, are you even listening to me?"
- "Man, that looks heavy."
- "Feel the burn. Now stop feeling it. Burns hurt. Hey, do I smell popcorn? Who's making popcorn? Make sure not to burn it."
Follow @Groupon_Says on Twitter.