All reviews are from people who have redeemed deals with this merchant.
What You'll Get
Jump to: Reviews | Impersonal Trainers
When you did fitness alone, you couldn’t figure out the machines, did a wimpy walk on the treadmill, went home, and ate Funyuns. Today’s Groupon brings back the buddy system with $75 for three 45-minute personal training sessions at Fitness Together, a $225 value. With 13 participating locations in the DC metro area, you're bound to pass one on your way to the grocery store and four on your way to the grocery store that carries your favorite brand of Yoo-Hoo.
The muscle tutors at Fitness Together will work with you to determine your goals (drop pounds, run a marathon, get strong enough to finally confront Douglas) and develop a customized workout plan designed to help you reach your true fitness potential. They’ll supervise your squats, offer nutritional advice, and push you until you see results. Individualized attention means it’s all about you—your trainer can point out when you’re doing a stretch incorrectly, help you tone the trouble zones, and push you to keep going when you’d otherwise quit or become distracted by the fragile beauty of a passing hummingbird.
Some people are afraid to go to the gym because they don’t want to look inexperienced to the oiled Adonis pumping iron in front of the mirror. After three sessions at Fitness Together, you’ll gain the confidence and knowledge essential to effortlessly plow through any routine, proving your father wrong once and for all. Even if you’re a seasoned gym rat, you can use this Groupon to add some cumin to your routine and keep your muscles wondering what will come next.
Being self-motivated is hard work. The tasks you routinely complete are usually executed in response to gentle encouragement from the powers above (the IRS, the police, your boss, your landlord). Applying that approach to the area of exercise will increase your productivity and get you serious results in no time.
- Nice, clean, friendly staff that get results. Fun atmosphere and great location!!! – benjiemoser, Citysearch
- Ken and his trainers have kept me honest about my goals and keep me on target with different routines. I look forward to my workouts and now eat much better based on their advice. – Contributor, Citysearch
- Matt, owner, is real friendly, and won't push stuff thats not for you. I bought 24 sessions and was very pleased. – Joel S., Yelp
One of the best parts about utilizing a personal trainer is the relationship you’ll forge with someone attentive to your concerns and genuinely interested in your well-being. Unfortunately, not all gyms offer empathetic trainers. Fitness Together’s competitor, Disdainful Fitness, employs a largely volunteer staff of highly distracted trainers who appear to have other things they’d rather be doing. Here are a few quotes we overheard:
- “You can do it, uh…I want to say Marshall? You can do it, Marshall. Is it Mark? Marshall? Wait, was it Lewis?”
- “Hm? Oh, yeah, you can put that weight down. Sorry, I was checking out this interview with Feist. She seems pretty cool. Do you think she likes guys who work in gyms?”
- “Yeah, I don’t know. It’s like, if I go to grad school, am I going because I’m pursuing a goal, or is Dennis putting off his life again because Dennis doesn’t know who Dennis wants to be, you know? Hey, dude, are you breathing? Oh, snap.”
Follow @Groupon_Says on Twitter.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Jan 1, 2011. Amount paid never expires. Limit 1 per person. May purchase multiple as gifts. Valid only at 13 participating DC locations. New clients only. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.