- $27.75 for one ticket to An Evening with Mark Russell (up to a $56 value)
- When: Friday, November 15, at 7:30 p.m.
- Where: Youkey Theatre at The Lakeland Center
- Seating: best available upon redemption
- Door time: 6:30 p.m.
- Ticket values include all fees.
An Evening with Mark Russell
Mark Russell has always followed the old newsman's adage: "As they say, 'I don't make the news. I just report it.' And in my case, I don't even make the jokes. I just report them as they masquerade as news." Decades before the political satire of comics such as Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert, Mark Russell was television's primary source for clever roastings of Washington D.C. antics. Like the long lost son of Mark Twain and Cole Porter, Russell fed the latest headlines to his star-spangled piano and turned out jaunty ditties that skewered every administration in his Mark Russell Comedy Specials, which ran four times a year on PBS from 1975–2004. Now back from a short-lived retirement, Mark and his signature bow tie take on the government's latest foibles in a side-splitting showcase of acerbic wit and engaging melodies.